whats you guys' favorite weapon?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. whats you guys' favorite weapon?

• bo
    • kama
    • nunchuka
    • sai
    • sword

DEFINITELY the Kama. Ever since I had that little mishap, I have LOVED the Kama.

Here's the story.

Me and my dojo buddy (meaning, my best friend there, we train together every day for about 8 hours) wnt to his house. He had a pair of Kama sitting on his desk. I had practiced with teh Kama in a previous system, and was fairly knowledgable with them. Oh yes, this was several years ago by the way... he was a purple belt, I was a... blue belt or a green belt.. can't remember exactly. Anyway, I started running through a few Kihons (basic movements, for those who don't know), and James decided to ball-tag me with his belt. I wont explain what "bal-tagging" is, lets just say that I felt a bit violated... and it hurt like a mofo. He laughed, I grunted and kept going. He then decided to ask the stupid question of, "lets play a game, ok?" Followed by an evil smirk. Basically, He wanted me to try to cut his belt (an old one, not his purple belt... hell, not even from the system) with teh Kama... while i was in a crane stance. Oh, did I mention - these Kama were really old and dinged up - but SHARP. Needless to say, I sliced him. I cut through about a quarter of an inch deep by say.. an inch or so long of teh flesh on his hand. Ow. Yea... you could see the fat. The weird thing, it COMPLETELY MISSED anything vital. James now has a real nice scar, but his hand is fine. Since then, I have loved teh Kama... well... that, and teh Okinawan Oar.

Note: I have no idea why I didn't see this one coming... I mean come on - two teenage guys, both diagnosed with ADHD, having injested large ammounts of Jolt playing with sharp toys? Yea... acident waiting to happen? lol. But, we're cool now.

Black Belt (Or, Sash i should say) - 2nd Degree - Wu Shu & Wing Chun Kung Fu

Black Belt - 1st degree - Shuri Ryu Karate

Black Belt - 1st degree - Okinawan Kobudo

Black Belt - 1st degree - Tomikki Aikido

Black Belt - 2nd degree - Jujitsu

Tai Chi Chuan Practicioner

Muay Thai Practicioner

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a passion for the three section staff. still hit myself on the head too many times to count but when i've got a good rhythm going, it feels great, sounds great, looks great.

then there's the nine section whip. never figured out how to use one. haven't even got one but once i've mastered the three section staff, the whip is my next conquest.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I Personaly Like The Sai Because It Is Good Against The Sowrd And The Bo. Also You Can Do The Regular Moves Just As Easy. Its Like An Extention Of The Hand.

1st Degree BB Isshinryu

1st Degree BB Tae Kwan Do

The bo is my favorite. The Okinawans took the 6 foot staff from farming chores and used it against the marauding Samurai and their swords. Amazing.

Favorite bo katas:

Chatanyara no kon sho

Oyatomari no kon

Sakugawa no kon

any of you guys seen the manga book "blade of the immortal"?

some of the things they create in that look pretty cool.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

i think the sword is the most effective weapon out of those choices. i mean couldnt it just cut a bo in half?

1st degree blackbelt

Nickname: Sparky

"I will train untill I succed, I will train untill I succed, I will train, I will succed!!

Well Musashi Miyamoto who is considered the best Japenese swordsman that ever lived lost against a master of the Bo Staff. So it depends I guess on the fighter.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"