whats you guys' favorite weapon?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. whats you guys' favorite weapon?

• bo
    • kama
    • nunchuka
    • sai
    • sword

The Samurai sword is my favorite Martial Arts weapon. My favorite weapon altogether is a handgun.

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like a great philosepher once said (i dont remember who though) " a gun has the greatest advantage in long range, but is deadlist in close range". Think about it, whats harder to do, move your arm a couple inches and then pull a trigger, or put in effort to get in close and stab or hit a guy? The person with the weapon would have to be really skilled to just defeat an average joe that has a gun, let alone if it was a person that was skilled with guns.

As I said, it depends on range and a few other factors. Some of the factors I didn't mention would be whether the gun is drawn and aimed, with safety off, loaded, etc. The average joe doesn't walk around with their gun drawn, either. I've seen police training videos of holstered guns vs assailants with drawn knives....the guy with the knife had to be quite a distance away before the police officer was able to draw and fire and avoid getting cut. Anyway..I'm off topic since we weren't talking about knives (though knives are certainly weapons), and the comment was aimed at nunchuku and bo...not exactly something you'd see on the street every day in any case, so while it may be theoretically possible it is not likely to happen :D

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

The nunchuka is so cool, especially in the hands of an expert --> bruce Lee :D . Whats the best material for nunckuka's, I heard it was white wax wood used by the :karate: shaolin monks :karate: for hundreds of years. Sai's are pretty cool too.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...
id like to know what everyones favorite weapon is at karate forums :wave:

These weapons are too traditional for me . I love the sword , tonfa , and bo, but they are not the primary weapons of mos modern people including myself.

I prefer firearms , knives , collapsable batons. There is nothing wrong with learning the more traditional weapons , but most of them are impractical for carry and use.

I thought that some of you who think otherwise, should know guns were used by Samurai to limited extent , this fighting style is called tettojutsu . :D :D :D

Study and show thyself approved.

Don't become so focused on the weapon that you become castrated.

HDR - 2000

I am very skilled in the Katana, Nunchuku, but my favorite of them all is the Bo. It just depends what I am using it for. If it is for a demonstration, I choose the Nunchuku, if it is for life or death, I choose the Katana, if I am just in some normal brawl and find a long pole on the ground, I am awesome! (For those that have seen the movie Bulletproof Monk, when that one dude fights that Australian punk with the long pipe, that's what I am talkin about :lol:)
http://www.yen2you.tk <-- simply the best :nod:

bo, most practical, and its an awesome weapon, im better with it than anything

I have to agree that the Bo or Korean Bong is definitely my favorite weapon, also like the double short staff.... those are the only weapons I have had the chance to practice with, but the versitility of the Bo makes it very attractive. You are more likely to have a Bo-like weapon wherever you are (with a little improvisation) than anything else.

At the KSW Tournament in St. Louis back in April, KJN Jack Harvey broke 8 boards with his bong, really impressive demonstration, as I am sure that will be what everyone wants to do for the next tournament!

Kuk Sool Won Jae Jah

Jah Ddi (Brown Belt)