• sword

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love those nunchaku. I guess I watched too many movies as a kid.

I remember making my own when I was nine or ten, because Panthro used them on Thundercats. I used about a foot too much rope, and two extremely heavy railroad bolts.

From then I made them from broomsticks, a section of dog leash, and two screws. These worked well, but the chain never lasted very long.

I would get the foam variety every time a flea market came through in the 80's.

By the time I took my first TKD class, I could work two easily with no lessons. TV. Gotta love it.

Trainwreck Tiemeyer

wishes he was R. Lee Ermey.

I stated bo as the most universal weapon because of its handy applications. For instance a broom stick is quickly accesible and objects of that nature. Its a great start to learn weapon mechanics especially on future long weapons like spear, naginata, whul do, monk spade, anything along those lines. I came to that realization from teaching weapons classes at a school. The instructor wanted to teach weapons bu tdid not have time to do the class because of other class that were needed. He hired me as an adjunct instructor to teach the weapons class and when we began with the bo the student became familiar with holding a weapons. It made it much easier to adapt to future ones.

Choi, Ji Hoon Instructor-

3rd Dan-Tae Kwon Do

3rd Dan Hapkido

International Haedong Gumdo Federation

Kyuk Too Ki (Korean Kickboxing/Streetfighting)

Id have to say an uzi or a glock, lets see a bow staff or nunchucks defend against that.

Could be done, depending on the range and a few other factors. :)

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

like a great philosepher once said (i dont remember who though) " a gun has the greatest advantage in long range, but is deadlist in close range". Think about it, whats harder to do, move your arm a couple inches and then pull a trigger, or put in effort to get in close and stab or hit a guy? The person with the weapon would have to be really skilled to just defeat an average joe that has a gun, let alone if it was a person that was skilled with guns.