• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

help please

1. Measure your opponent and know how far they have to be to effectively reach you with the technique you don't want to be hit with.

2. Once you know this distance, stay on the inside or just outside of range.

3. Realize that you are going to have to keep moving. The distance between you and your opponent is going to constantly change. It's up to use do decide on what technique you want to use once you have the jump on them.

"And it is this lack of fear that makes for the dance" - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

(https://www.loudounmartialarts.com)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 weeks later...

yeh that hook kick is annoying sometimes, just try to use your hands to block them, you can also block and use their force to your advantage. this is where kungfu techniques come in here. the high forceful block technique if the hook kick is high will send them flying any direction you want them to aslong as you use it properly and accurately. to be build confident during sparring, let them hit you a few times, then let them hit your hands as you block a few times, then go in with the technique. in other words anaylse how they are using that hook kick.

the more you practise the better you get at avoiding it.

• 1 month later...
block and stay in close, if you are close then they can;'t kick effectively, they will over extend, so try this. But i think they main thing is to block, i think that is a good thing to learn.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

• 4 months later...