• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Winning a streetfight, curious?

I agree with northern ogre pretty much. Gettin the superior position, whether it be clinch, mount or juss havin his shirt over his head, that helps alot.

Not freaking out will help alot. Being able to deal with taking a punch is also a useful thing.

"razor elbows, killer knees, iron fists and monster kicks"

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, obviously you know that the best outcome is to avoid the fight. But, there occasionally circumstances when you have to fight...I mean If someone is punching you in the face you don't turn your back to them and try to walk away.... so here's my approach

First and foremost, stay calm. Anger, fear, and all those other emotions cloud your mind and slow your reaction time. Next, control your breathing. Don't breathe short and rapid, and don't hold your breath. YOur breath will affect your endurance, and your calmness.

Actual method. First you have to get rid of the misconception that people tend to have that you must hist someone in the face or solar plexus to hurt them. In my class we sparr bare knuckle, and focus alot on taking out the areas of the body that most people neglect. #1- the calf muscle and quads. In most cases the opponents legs will be the closest target to you. 2 or three swift kicks will turn their legs to jello, and they'll be more focused on trying to stand up than on trying to hurt you. #2- the wrists. Hands are the primary weapons of most street fighters. So...take them out. Most people will hold their head back, and keep their hands out closer to you. i like to do repetitive knife hand chops to the opponents wrists. Eventually, he's going to pull them in out of your reach. That's when you finish his legs off. Keep attacking the calf, quads, knees, and chin bones. If he can't walk, he can't hurt you. Last note.... after a while the pain will build in the opponent's legs so bad that he won't be able to think of anything else. When you see him paying too much attention to his legs...throw a fake kick to the legs to distract him, then come through with the power puch. But remember, if you don't land with the punch, either jump back out quickly or be prepared to take him to the ground.

I agree shotokan warrior, the attacking the wrists thing sounded kinda stupid but even one really clean leg kick should do the trick. If not it will alwayz stumble them enuff for you to start launching sum punches

"razor elbows, killer knees, iron fists and monster kicks"

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"

Well, I think we all know that planning any fight, but especially a street fight, can't really be done, there are just too many variables. The best thing for you to do is, if you think there is any danger whatsoever, have the correct preparations. It never hurts to be prepared.

Art calls for complete mastery of techniques, developed by reflection within the soul.

I wouldn't like to have a street fight with soemoen unless the person is a well martial artist, because:

1. Non-martial artist would just aim for something like the groin 90%.

2. They lack a huge amount of digity and pride, because of this, they will jump you with 8 of their scummy friends if you decide to fight with one.

If I DID have to street fight, and I realize he was not a martial artist, I would watch my balls like hell!

I wouldn't like to have a street fight with soemoen unless the person is a well martial artist, because:

1. Non-martial artist would just aim for something like the groin 90%.

2. They lack a huge amount of digity and pride, because of this, they will jump you with 8 of their scummy friends if you decide to fight with one.

If I DID have to street fight, and I realize he was not a martial artist, I would watch my balls and back like hell!

wot kind of low kicks? with the heel ot the edge? were should you hit shin or knee? :-?

the only time i fight is in school and i know people have said it before me but CONTROLING your breathing is a must, people allways have feelings of cowerdice legs shake cant think straight, but you must remember the samething is happening to your opponent.

a great tip is, before the fight starts ask him a question (if you have time) such as "why are you doing this" then wack him on the nose with your back knuckles before he finishes talking

surprise = vivtory = being alive

if your jumped however and it's not the duel kinda fight then your on your own. NO ONE CAN PREPARE FOR THAT. so just. be carefull

Danuall san- "Up you'res OLD man, wax your own DAM cars, im goin out ta get LAID"

-Scott

https://www.worldkarate.net

I dont' know if the original poster's are reading this still, but here's my opinion:

A #1- 90% of a success is to avoid the confrontation.."let me buy you beer" whatever calms the fool down.

#2 - (This is probably what the original question was asking) If the fool decides "F-^* the beer" well here's where the switch gets flipped. I put myself in code RED..as he starts to come near or show other signs of aggression (never wait for the first punch) TAKE the first shot, let it be deadly, the throat, groin, temple, spine...whatever it takes. (Keep in mind, I never asked for this, I wanted to stop this long before it began) Also keep in mind, you don't know what this cat might know, maybe he's looking for your spine or throat. You might ask "how can you hit him in the spine if you’re facing him? Quick kick to the man-berries (Balls) he folds over then a deadly chop to the upper spine, behind the neck...GAME OVER.

I live by the saying:

"I'd rather be tried (Jury) by twelve than carried by six (pall bearers)"

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failures...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." (TR)

Hey guys thnx 4 the replies:

Non-martial artist would just aim for something like the groin 90%.

If I DID have to street fight, and I realize he was not a martial artist, I would watch my balls like hell

This is very ignorant when in a real life situation yes unfortunatly some will fight 8 on 1 however the meaning of a streetfighter is as follows:

he will pick fights for or not for the fun of it, he moves like a cat and knows how to take and give a hit, he is experienced in the street and knows how to use his surroundings. My style is based on some of these concepts because more the most part this is the reality of a fight a streetfight not competition(very big diff there atre no rules).

a great tip is, before the fight starts ask him a question (if you have time) such as "why are you doing this" then wack him on the nose with your back knuckles before he finishes talking

surprise = vivtory = being alive

This is another good factor the element of surprise it my seem cheap to a "noble fighter" however if it means ur survival that is what is only important!!!!

There is no honour to those whom just wanna win!

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.