• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Winning a streetfight, curious?

Seven steps to victory...

1. Hands in front, in an "I really don't wanna fight" style gesture. This also provides a guard and measures the distance between you. Hope he goes away. But...If he bumps into / pushes against your hand twice, you will definitely be fighting, so move to step two.

2. Ask a question "Don't I know you ?" or something. This puts his brain out of gear for a second. Immediately move to step three...

3. Break his jaw. A palm delivered from the side works well, though you step to create the correct delicery angle.

4. Beat the dung out of his friend (who will be so shocked by the speed and outrageous ferocity of your attack that he will be like a kitten). I personally like to hurt the friend a good bit more than the troublemaker himself - that gets him trouble afterwards for getting his mates into violent confrontation with such a rabid lunatic as I.

5. Once his friend is down - return to the first guy (who will still be staggering about whining about his jaw). Hit the broken jaw again a few times and enjoy the wailing.

6. Make some Schwartzenegger style "Asta la vista baby" wisecrack.

7. Hop it befor the Old Bill arrive.

respect to you all

>>>PS<<<

We have no problems when we have no qualms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Self-defense is only an illusion, a dark cloak beneath which lurks a razor-sharp dagger waiting to be plunged into the first unwary victim. Sifu Wong.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

its difficult for 1 person to fight 2.

Do you think his friend is just gonna stand there ?

Also if you break someones jaw in a fight that may not stop them. So you hit the guy in the face MAYBE break his jaw and then him and his buddy both rush you. Youd end up getting knocked to the ground and both the guys would stomp you till they are bored.

Why hit the guy in jaw when you can kick him in the nuts and then run away.

Sure you may have lost the fight but your not the guy holding a bag of frozen peas over his nuts the next day.

From my experience in being in fights and seeing them whilst wokring as a bouncer, the three most common attacks are 1) a punch 2) a headbutt 3) a tackle

Of course this could be cultural, for example in Australia and the U.K. headbutts are pretty common, but I'm not sure about the states.

Also, from a study by the University of New South Wales in Australia, done on common reasons for fights in bars, they were : 1) Spilling someone's drink 2) Bumping into someone and 3) Looking at someone's girlfriend.

If you're really interested in this side of fighting, get the books or videos by Geoff Thompson from https://www.geoffthompson.com His books and videos are excellent and present what few other people tell you - the psychology and physical aspects to a fight. Geoff explains about adrenaline, how to use it your advantage, and how to use adrenaline in your opponent to your advantage. One of the things that Geoff explains that is extremely relevant for martial artists is to hit first. You DON'T wait for the guy to throw the first punch - you have no legal or moral obligation to do so - before you defend yourself. If you wait for him to strike then you'll be on the back foot from the start. You should hit first and hit hard. You should also have a technique that you know will work everytime and have set-ups for it e.g. a right cross or left hook.

There's a lot of bad advice on this thread. Do yourself a favour and go to his site and do some reading. I'm not affiliated with Geoff in any way, although I do have three of his videos and from my own experience recognise just how good what Geoff is teaching.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

Northren Ogre,

Your advice was both good and funny :)

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

Most street brawlers will throw wide,looping hooks. Keeping your shots down the pipe will land faster.

I love those wide hooks - I find them dead easy to turn into a hip throw - the other guy never seems sure how he ended up on the floor :)

4. Once the fight goes to the ground, go for the mounted position, but rain elbows down on you opponent rather than punches....why bust up your hands..plus elbows do more damage.
Elbows are good, but if you're worrying about busting your hands are you sure your punching technique and conditioning are all they should be?

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

If you're really interested in this side of fighting, get the books or videos by Geoff Thompson from https://www.geoffthompson.com His books and videos are excellent and present what few other people tell you - the psychology and physical aspects to a fight.

Geoff Thomson's "Dead or Alive" is by a long way the best book on self protection I've seen, and should be compulsory reading.

You should also have a technique that you know will work everytime and have set-ups for it e.g. a right cross or left hook.
A technique that will work everytime? Sounds optimistic. I think there's much to be said for making your jab as fast and powerful as possible though.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.