• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Female martial artists

karate_woman

One of the best Karateka I've ever trained under is Amber Travsky, who has taught Okinawa Kempo in LAramie, Wy. for almost twenty years now. She is a knowledgeable, precise, aggressive martial artist. i know few men who are her equal! :D

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I studied Shotokan, my training partner was a woman who was a black belt in the system. She and I trained hard at everything from kata to sparring. At one point when we sparred, she suggested that we pad up and pull no punches. So we did and we knocked the snot out of each other :lol: . I'll never forget getting hit with her reverse punch....just wanted to make me :bawling: :lol: . Never once did the fact that she was female make me think otherwise about how we trained together :) .

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Once, when I lived in Sweden, I wanted to start practising karate, but my father said: No way, girls don't do something like *karate*, they don't fight.

I was like: Oh really? lol. But my mother said, that she supports me with this idea to start practising karate. So I started to practise. My first Sensei was a man and he was so good! He is the best Sensei I ever had. But when I came to Estonia, then I was surprised that a karate dojo named: Daigo is the best Dojo in Estonia and the instructor is a woman! WOW! Well, now she's my instructor and I'm proud that everybody respect her and that she has a great authority and honour.

Hey men... you know that the founder of the kung-fu style Wing-Chun was a woman :D

GO FEMALES!!

Kill is love

I think it is great that women train in the Martial Arts esp. when they train with men who can be stronger etc. and can more than hold there own. I've seen many guys get knocked out by women while sparring so I think it is great!

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

• 1 month later...

HEy all

My Sensei is a women and is a Sandan and she is the best Sensei i have ever had and she is the best female MA i have ever seen.

Spirit

"Believing in the martial spirit"

Japanese Goju-ryu Karate-Ka

Tai chi Chaun

Kobudo

I just had a question because this is a trend at my dojo. Since we do a lot of Makiwara conditioning training, most girls lose interest and drop out because they don't want to scar their knuckles and other parts of their bodies and build up calluses, etc. Does anyone else have this problem? Of course, we don't insist that they do it if they don't want to, but it does create an awkward moment briefly when all the guys are doing makiwara and the girls just do kata or something else.

As for me personally, I have no problems with female martial artists...I convinced my future wife will be one, whoever she is...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Men are naturally way stronger than women, and faster, tougher, more aggresive, and have much more potential than women, but if a woman works Much harder than a man, and overcomes these bariers, they can still become very good. I dont have a problem sparring girls, I just avoid punching the boobs, cause I here it feels like a kick in the nuts.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, not meaning to offend or say its the general case, cause it's not but: One night we were sparring, it was pullback sparring so we didnt really hit. And I sparred against this orange belt girl. Wasn't much of a challenge though(not trying to be cocky, but I got quite a few punches in on her head, and kicks to her legs etc.) Then I sparred a brown belt, and she just worked me, so its the size of the fight in the dog not the ... gender of the dog in .. bah whatever you get the point

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

Never underestimate the power of a woman Hobz...someday that Orange Belt may clean your clock! :lol:

Something to add to the subject. I am not now nor have I ever been a feminist but I do believe in equal opportunity for both sexes. However, I do not believe that lowering the standards for females makes it fair and equal...it only serves to promote sexism and makes it unfair to those who set and met the standards in the first place.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/