• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whoa that's bad.

BKJ1216

Not in a silly competition but in a real fight a lame back fist (you never said where it hits) would be a poor trade offf for an elbow in the jaw. So why would the opther win for landing something first if it would lead to them losing a fight.

I dislike point sparing intencely as it totally criples Karate. Another stupid western addition to a fine system.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like point sparring. It is fun. The instructor should be held responsible for ensuring that the students know that point sparring is only a game, and isn't an example of a real fight. So In that case, I have no problem with a backfist to the back of the head scoring over an elbow. I don't like getting elbowed in the face very much, anyway.

BKJ: It sounds like the instructor is not being very responsible. I'm sure that at least one of them were sparring too hard and not controlling techniques. The kick that broke her arm probably wasn't an isolated incedent; likely there were lots of kicks that were too hard.

How was the incident handled is a question I am suruprised no one else has asked yet.

How did the instructor handle the incident?

Did the students get an opportunity to learn from the situation. And how is the student doing now?