• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great Sports Movies

jmy77

One of my favorite all time movies is Field of Dreams (I also like the movie about the Black Sox), but I have to say (even being a die hard Mets fan) 64* is awesome.

I have yet to see a football film that can be watched without being so bad you have to laugh.

Most Martial arts films are so unrealistic they border the comic book level and hockey - the best hockey movie is Slap Shot (btw - great flick).

I am open to all your critismisms and suggestions.

I also have to put in Caddy Shack - Happy Gilmore is good but Caddy Shack is teh Original.

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"Do more than what is required of you." - General George S. Patton

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bullshido.com/article_read.asp?id=42

Someone wrote a review about bloosport - it funny to read but be warned this person thrashes the movie.

Bloodsport was cool when I was younger - now that I am in martial arts some of these martial arts movies just seem funny now.

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?

Varsity Blues, Remember the Titans, Rudy and Little Giants were all good football movies.

I hate the Mighty Ducks movies now. Nowhere, Alaska is pretty good.

Caddyshack and Happy Gilmore are awesome :lol:

My favorite MA movies are the funny ones, basically because the serious ones are so corny that they're funny anyway. At least the funny movies are actually trying to be funny. With that in mind, my fave MA movies are any Jackie Chan movie ever...even his serious ones were ok. Fave Jackie Chan movie would have to be either Rumble in the Bronx or Mr. Nice Guy.

I'm not a big fan of Chuck Norris, Jean Claude van Damme, Jet Li or Steven Segal. It's gotta be Jackie all the way :lol:

My favorite baseball movie is A League of Their Own...I've always loved that movie. Close runners-up are: Field of Dreams and Sandlot.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

True true...the Rocky movies are classic. How could I forget them???

They are incredibly corny at times though.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Rocky started out great! But the last few kind of ruined it all.

I've heard Raging Bull was excellent but have yet to see it.

Bull Durham was also a good Baseball flick as was 8 men out.