• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Intro

Hi all. I just joined today and have been posting like mad to anything that catches my eye...wow you have lots of topics to browse!

Anyway. I'm Tera, from Barrie ON Canada.

I am a shodan in Okinawan Goju Ryu Karate, and Kubudo but also trained in Japanese Goju (to 3rd Kyu) before my Sensei switched styles. I trained in judo first (to orange belt), and since my Sensei also teaches jujitsu I've had the good fortune to take some classes in WJJF and Kitsune JuJitsu (haven't graded though). I've also taken some classes from Sensei in T'ai Chi, but the slow pace isn't really for me at this stage in my life (I just turned 30 last December).

I started my first martial art (judo) about 18 years ago, but I've had a couple of breaks in there. Even during the breaks I never consciously decided to quit; I just wasn't training for whatever reason. I missed training terribly when I was away.

I graded for shodan in August of 1998, trained like mad until June of 1999, sporadically during the rest of 1999 and then stopped completely the fall of 2000. Since I just started training again the end of February after having my 2nd daughter the end of December, I don't expect to grade for Nidan until probably next year - or whenever Sensei deems me to be ready.

Enough about me...Blah, Blah, Blah... :D

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt