• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

working out in water

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...

have aby of you guys ever trained in water?? i have i go down to the lake by my house in a old gi and belt and train in water about shoulder high. I like it beacuse of the natural resistance it is hard but very effective, you really learn balance, punches are harder and faster and same for you kicks also

yeh training in water improves you techniques power. i remember doing that sometimes and really noticed the quickness in your moves once your out of the water. i heard ages ago that pro runners/sprinters run in water to imrove there running speed when out of water.

some of the shoalin monks train in water to. and everyone know how brilliant the shaolin monks are with chi energy and that.

Try sparring in water a little more than waist deep. Not only will you develop a bit more speed and power, but sparring in that environment will get you a little more attuned to looking for telegraphed strikes. DISCLAIMER: Grappling in water is obviously not a good idea. If you try it, leave a note to the surviving members of your family and let them know I warned you.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."