• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

blocking a haymaker punch (John Wayne Punch)

so all of them jabs that ali used to throw were just distractions?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, to me, a distraction is a wasted action.

why pretend to hit him when you can just hit him?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

The jab is used to distract your opponent to set up the real strike. It's very quick compared to other strikes, and so is much more difficult to block. If you just do crosses/uppercuts/body shots all the time you will get blocked. Technically speaking, you can score in boxing with a jab, but it rarely lands good enough for the judges to call it a point.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

Jabbing can also back fire on you, you are also distracted by your own jab. You are jabbing thinking you will distract with jab and throw the right. I don't think it's a good idea. Jabs are for boxing or fighting one on one with someone who going to fight like you. If you jab and the other person moves in own you to grapple you he will snuff your next blow and you're his. Boxing is good against people who don't know anything or in the ring. Your better off throwing something towards their face to distract them.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Well, yes. Use of weapons is always better I think, but the point still stands.. a distraction was my original suggestion. Jab was just an example.

Personally I'd think of a jab as a "free" move though, if you work on it it's so quick it can't really be countered. I find it's already back before I barely realize I started it, but that's just me.

I'd rather fake with a kick to the leg or knee at least that will set the person up better for a knock out punch. I still feel boxing is better in the ring or against someone who doesn't know much fighting. Unless the person is pro off course.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Well, that may be. Any kind of feint or distraction would suffice, though I would think one with your hands or a jacket or something would be better than a kick.. a kick would definately be more distracting, but it would put you kind of out of position to deliver the KO punch, I would think.