• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

blocking a haymaker punch (John Wayne Punch)

It's not compressed gas fuel. Inert gas is stored under pressure to propel a liquid fuel. It is a similar principal to a compressed-air paint sprayer or a pumper jug, but much more powerful.

Also I never said that they don't hit or that they are simultaneous, but they are very quick and generally don't have much power.

Paladin - A holy beat down in the name of God!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yes, but a jab snaps out and is back within a tiny fraction of a second. The value of a kick as a distraction would have expired by the time your kick returned. That is why I said you would have to make the punch before your leg was returned.

sounds like a comment from a guy who isn't balanced when kicking doesn't it jerry?

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

well if sombodys throwing a haymaker at you there isnt any time to waste with a destraction, dont bother doing anything fancy like throwing or ducking, hit them in the face before they finish the slow haymaker then use the knees, elbows and throat strikes to finish them off,

simple, unclean but effective

Shotokan Karate - brown belt 2nd kyu

Judo - Yellow belt

Jujustu - recently started, white belt

Actually the distraction discussion was in regards to making the haymaker more effective, not in defending against it. It was in response to an assertion that haymakers are unilaterally an ineffective attack.

my friend does drunken boxing, and he said he'd mix some styles up for that... throw himself to the floor, and use his legs to sweep him and put on a hold... of course, i dont know how fast he can safely fall to the floor. logical method?