• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes I think you are right.

I mistook Donnie yen? for Jet Li.

Still it is the far out kind of crap Jet li is fond of.

I stand corrected.

Here is amovie review if youre interested:

Action/Adventure and Art/Foreign

1 hr. 29 min. In a desperate and unjust land, where government corruption rules the day, only one man has the courage to challenge the system and fight back. They call him Iron Monkey. Under the shadow of night, he fights to give hope to the poor and oppressed. Although no one knows his name and no one knows where he's from, his heroism has made him a living legend to the people... and a wanted man to the powers that be. The ruthless government devises a plan: force a nationally renowned master fighter into service by taking his beloved and only son hostage. The mandate is simple - track down the Iron Monkey if he ever wants to see his boy again. But when the Iron Monkey's identity and true intentions are revealed to him... the tables turn.

Originally filmed in 1993, IRON MONKEY is a prequel of sorts to Tsui Hark's ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA franchise, featuring kung-fu fighting folk hero Wong Fei-Hung at a young age (played by a crossdressed actress, Tsang Sze-Man). A Chinese variation of "Robin Hood" with action sequences from director Yuen Woo-Ping, fight choreographer of THE MATRIX.

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for martial arts action/violence and brief sexuality.

I thought it was a good movie. Especially since I am also a fan of the Once Upon A Time in China movies. It was no less corny and stupid than Matrix, so if you liked that movie then you should find something to desire in Iron Monkey. :)

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. Put water into a tea pot, it becomes the tea pot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend."

- Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh i thought Iron Monkey was the greatest and best martial arts action movie using wire-fu. Its also one of my favs.

yuen woo pings really proved his main best work there. that fire scene was definitely hard to do, but it was fantastic for the fight scene in the end. donnie yen performed really well.

great work!