• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Getting started with Kumite

superleeds

As i'm still somewhat a newbie in the wonderful world of MA (yellow belt)

i havent done much kumite. Its mostly randoori the first year so we dont end up hospitalized (more then we have to anyway :lol: ) Though we are learning quite a bit about technique, bunkai and such, I feel a bit lost at times. So if anyone could give me some tips on e.g. opening moves it would be appriciated :karate:

Read a book!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
don't worry so much about opening moves, anticipation, etc. your goal is to be able to both act and react spontaneously. Use the techniques you are most comfortable with. remember good footwork and keep your guard up.

Sparring drills help beginners with timing and speed..they can be changed and added to as you advance in skill. Repitition is the mother of skill!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Give yourself some time and don't expect great results at once. Try to apply some techniques, improvise, feel Ok with the partner, learn to move, and so on. Also try not to kill the other. Controll your techniques and with very much practice you'll be fine. Just be confident and RELAXED.

Try this - this is what I do in randori/rolling and while sparring - Jut try one technique. that's it. use what you have to to set up the technique, but make the sparring time into a more advanced learning experience.

For example, I love the throw tani otoshi. when I first learned it, I would randori thinking "okay, all I want to do is tani otoshi. If I get it, I'm happy" I make a conscious effort to try a specific technique. Over time, those techniques get ingrained into muscle memory and become second nature. Once you are comfortable with that technique, make a conscious effort to try another that you would like to work.

Dunno if it'll help you much, but it's done wonders for me.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sparring is diffrent from real fight, so be relaxed gained more exprencie always count good footwork, never freeze if you do your oponent have the chance to strike, never tired youself out a good techniqes always win against strenth, use diffrent kinds of tenchqie during sparrings and time it diffrently.

Hope it helps.

Somone love one

Somone love two

I love one

That one is myself just have been turn down....

The more lessons you go too the more techniques you lern and also all about politics around karate sometimes your sensei will help you on tips how to spar well in a kumite, I spar full contact alot and semi most of the times.

Somone love one

Somone love two

I love one

That one is myself just have been turn down....