• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Muay Thai or Shootfighting?

Muay Thai vs Shootfighting?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Muay Thai vs Shootfighting?

• Muay Thai
    • Shootfighting

What would win in a fight? I'm not really experienced in these arts, so I'm asking the more experienced ones in here. :-)

Grappling enthusiast!

Shootfighting as well.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 6 months later...

Please don't ask questions like "which would win in a fight". Historically, those types of questions have lead to threads full of posts that simply say "X would win" and/or bitter, semantic arguments that turn personal.

Instead, please try to compare and contrast the styles' techniques and training methods, and we can prevent such arguments.

If this is not observed (or if the thread degenerates into an argument anyway) the thread will have to be closed, so please play nicely. :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Go to the better teacher. See who teaches their skill sets more effectively. If someone teaches MT but sucks as a teacher, it would make more sense to do shootfighting. And vice versa

If my survival means your total destruction, then so be it.

a Muay Thai fighter would win against a shootfighter but anything could happened, a pure striker has a more advantage unless a pure grappler knows some good strategies. :brow:

have you ever actually seen a grappler vs striker match? where have you been the last 10 years?

You have it turned around...ever watch the first 10 or so UFC's where grapplers and wrestlers almost always dominated strikers? ever seen any of the countless challenge matches that have taken place all over the world?

Can you name one example of a Well know grappler loosing to a pure striker?