Can chi be used up?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Just as you can build chi you can "run out" (so to speak). This is, for example, a problem with people who do qigong healing work and use their own energy for the healing...

This is also why it's important for anyon working with chi to do regular qigong work to build and correct their own chi reserves. Otherwise it's like straining our muscles without taking the time to build and limber them.

maybe I'm wrong and if so someone please set me straight, but I always thought that ki was simply the life force that flows in and through everything. it can't be saved up, one person can't have more than another, and it can't be used up. it is an equil force that flows through all. you can maybe learn to tap into and use it more than another but you dont actually have "more". it's not something that you can save up or run out of.

That would appear inaccurate. While chi self-replenishes, it can be conserver or expended; and you can build up a storehouse or waste one away.

The relationship to physical activity stands. Some people have a longer endurance than others. While your ability to perform physcial work self-replenishes, you can train a higher endurance... You can also over-exert or conserve energy when performing physial labor causing you to last longer or tire out earlier.

Crash, I am with you but it depends on how you study as to what your beliefs are.

I dont label what I believe in with the term Chi (that isnt supposed to be negative in case anyone misinterpretes that). I believe that there is an energy that exists in everything and that we can harness it and exist within it. In fact I believe that we always exist within it but dont always recognise it.

So no I dont think it ever runs out, but I do think at times our ability to tap in to this can be altered by a number of things.

Only my opinion though.

Let me ask the million dollar question...

How many people here are speaking from experience?

How many of the people making statements about how chi works and what it is work with chi? I do qigong, I do chi-helaing, I use chi combatively and work with others that do the same.

Since we are all talking in opinions, from where are these opinions based?

• 1 month later...
okay i hate to bring up this very old topic but jerry, this is the one area were i have a problem with your theroys on chi and ki. we can not all speak for experince, and there are many who would say yours is fradulant, not me, but there are others who have as much faith in you being a healer as me being the future replacement for JR Tolkien. no, its not nessasarly that they are correct but some of - no- most of us hae no choice but to do our best to research and hope we can tell truth from quack.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

well i think that ki can be used up in a way but if it is the "life force" then with out it you would be dead (so to speak). but i think that you can only use so much of it until you would get knocked out because of not having enough to walk or stand. then whal your blacked out you take in ki unconciously.

thats my opinion on this topic

peace and an open mind will get u every bit of happiness in life!!!!!!!!!

I have never run across this problem before. I have always felt that it is not "Chi reservation" that is used up. It is merely the mind of the practitioner that tires and can no longer apply the "Chi". Again, this has only been my experience.

Sastimos et Kaos----Joshua

There are no limits.