• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What kinda music does everyone listen to??

boogiedownbronx

I will listen to practically anything:

classical music (I sing soprano in a community chorus that just performed Brahms Requiem this weekend)

oldies

jazz - especially swing music like Glen Miller

classic rock - classic Aerosmith, Bad Company...hate the Rolling Stones, though...Mick Jagger is annoying

disco - as corny as it is, I love it!

80's music like Journey and 'Til Tuesday (not so big on the hair bands like Poison since all their songs sound the same...Bon Jovi's pretty good though), grunge - Nirvana, not Pearl Jam...*shudders*

pop - Michelle Branch, etc.

ska - No Doubt, Cherry Poppin' Daddies

hard rock like Metallica

rock/rap mixes like Linkin Park

easy listening like Coldplay and Norah Jones

punk rock like Blink 182, Green Day

and yes, I will even listen to country music.

However I WILL NOT listen to pure rap, or that stupid whiny new brand of R & B they've come out with...where the "lead" singer just blends in with the background singers and repeats a rather short melody. :kaioken: That music ticks me off, mainly because it's boring and annoying.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it does get boring listening to the same stuff.

umm...

I like Rap, Hip-Hop, Rock, Heavy Metal...

Oh yeah and it also depends on my mood. :)

"Osu!"

I listen to movie soundtracks (Last of the Mohicans, CTHD, Lord of the Rings) I also listen to ENYA. I enjoy instrumentals and orchestral w/ chorals. I listen to spanish Shakira(I don't like her english lyrics). I also like good contemporary music.

I'm a ridiculous romantic and listen to love songs like a mad rabbit.

I also listen to OPM.

And classical. And Hawaiian, and native american, and Chage&Aska.

MA.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

I actually don't really listen to music very often. And when I tell people that they look at me like I've committed some kind of crime against nature.

I don't even know what the catagories would be for the rare things I do listen to.

It's just very hard to find anything that hasn't been done a thousand times before. It all becomes a bunch of noise. I actually prefer music without words... it can be what it is and mean whatever it feels like meaning without anyone telling me what the message is supposed to be (usually a trite message at that). Reading that again it sounds a little snobbish, but really I wish music moved me more often... I could use all the inspiration I can get.

*shrug* Glad to hear I'm not the only Enya fan though :).

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

I listen to a variety of music. I've got a lot of music in the house. My fav happens to be Pink Floyd (Roger Waters era), but I've got quite a mix....Shaggy, ACDC, Metallica, Shania Twain, Randy Travis, Staind, Rush, John Lee Hooker, Bob Marley...you get the idea :-)

My least favourite would be old country.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Ryno - Goa trance? Sounds interesting, could you give me an artist or two which I can look into?

I listen to all sorts. Classical rock, A lot of metal, some punk, some newage music, some classical-far eastern music and lots of ambience and oldschool dance, like Juno Reactor, Future Sound of london, Orbital and Aphex Twin.

:)

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com