Modifying or adding to Wing Chun / Kung Fu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This forum is easily heated up isn't it?

Admittedly, break dancing with WC is pretty strange. I myself cannot see how it works, I can say that learning how to break fall and roll out of locks is very useful. Given that you have cross trained with a jiu jitsu practitioner do you tell them that their art is not effective? If so what was their reply?

I do often wonder how effective ground fighting is in a real situation, if everyone is on the floor whats to stop another guy grabbing the guy on top. But then again that can still happen when standing upright.

I have seen many clips from UFC type matches, these guys can really crush people. But wrestling ties up the opponent as well as yourself. Can anyone offer some enlightenment? (By the way I wasn't slagging wrestling and grappling - I just don't have a full understanding).

Fistsoffury - Where in Leeds do you train and for how long have you been doing it? Who do you train under? I can understand what you say about experimenting, but why use breakdancing for sweeps? Why not try using sweeps from a MA? saying that WC has similar moves to sweeps in a way don't they?

First of all if any of you knew anything about break dancing then you would know that it came from a martial art. The very flashy yet strangley effective style of Capoeira. True that using the falls and evading techniques derived from Capoeira via break dancing in Wing Chun is not something I would have thought of combining. And I also agree that the comment of Jiu Jitsu not being effective holds no water whatsoever.

In the end, break dancing is not a martial art; however, its roots lay within the fighting arts of Brazilian Capoeira. You just need to know how to effectivley use the techniques that you are using on their own in a combat situation. Obviously some people in this forum are a bit close minded.

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching

if it's a watered down version of Capoeiera then that dosent say much...capoeiera dosent do much compared to alot of stlyes in it's combative form.

You have obviously never experienced fighting with an experienced practitioner. The point being is that one of the keys to being a good fighter and an even better martial artist is learning how to use any motion to your advantage wether it be taking a sip of Tea, knitting with a needle, cheerleading, sitting down on the throne, the Cha-Cha, even break dancing.

Take another look at the world around you, and you will begin to see that life has so much more to offer you than what you have been taught.

Sure thing, you right...I guess capoiera fighters continually getting bruatally beaten or crawling out of the ring everytime they fight means nothing.

I have nothing against capoiera..im sure it alot of fun but there are more effective fighting arts.

To TJS,

Something that I tell all of those out there who love to come with claims of the dominace or lack there of, concerning certain styles, is that please back your claim with some solid proof and don't let stupidity keep you down.

If you can produce some hard reputable evidence then I will be the first to say "My Bad". If not then I suggest a different form of trash talk.

Here are the results of A challange match between Chute Box and Capoiera in Brazil, If you notice not a single capoiera fighter lasted into the second round.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/eventinfo.cfm?eventid=487

Here is a Video of well known Capoiera fighter named mestre hulk fighing Mark kerr in an International Vale tudo fight-In the first video he gets DQ for crawling out of the ring to escape more punishment.

http://216.40.244.4/misc/wvc3/wvc3_kerr_vs_hulk.zip

here is another fight, this time he gets choked out-

http://216.40.244.4/misc/wvc11/wvc11_malkhasyan_vs_hulk.zip

Please feel free to produce any videos or documentation of Any capoiera figher winning against any know fighter in any serious event and prove me wrong.

TJS I salute you,

You are the first person I have met on this forum that has backed up their claims. That was awsome, adn though the results of those challenge matches speak for the ability of the fighters.

You should know being a martial artist yourself that it does not speak to the effectivness of the style. But as promised, "My Bad TJS" still I wish I could see the whole fight, it would be more entertaining.

Ver Respectfully wcnavstar

yes, ultimatly it does come down to the figher..A stlye can only give you the tools..from there it's up to you to use them...i just personally think certain styles do a better job at equiping you.

I also wish there were some video of the capoiera vs chute box..i would have liked to watch it.