• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

lets go korean stylist

I am a 1st degree black belt in taekwondo.

Our school is of the Chang Hun style from the lineage of the Chung Do Kwan.

... the same as the school I attend. :karate: :nod:

Curious to know what organizations and /or unions your school belongs to (?)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I study Tae Soo Do at the moment and just aquired orange belt (Pal Kub). I don't see Hwa Rang Do/Tae Soo Do mentioned much here. Not as popular, I guess.

"Fear is the compliment of courage. A fearless man cannot be courageous, only foolish." -Robert Heinlein

This is a paste job from this link:

http://www.psmag.org/tangsoowho.html

In 1945, Korea gained its independence from Japan. During this period, native martial artists who had fled returned to Korea with new ideas and techniques. Many new organizations were established in an attempt to revive Korean martial arts. Hwang Dee, who had been exiled for a while, but return to Korea to open his first Tang Soo Do Dojang on November 9, 1945, headed one such organization. At the time, five other major marital arts schools were established, and efforts were being made to make a uniform organization. After the Korean War (1950-1955), the Korean government became involved in unifying all dojangs, and this effort resulted in an organization call the Tae Soo DO Association (1961), which joined with the official Korean Amateur Sports Association in the same year. This was a major turning point in transforming Tae Soo DO into a national sport from traditional martial arts. However, there were many martial arts practitioners who wanted to remain traditionalist, and referred to the traditional art as "Tang Soo Do".

G r e e n D r a g o n

FOR THE ABSOLUTE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS...AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE: https://www.trueprotein.com

For an even lower price, use this discount code: CRA857

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior. - Carl von Clausewitz

10 years in Tae Kwon Do -Ji Do Kwan -WTF

International Hapkido Federation

INternational Haedong Gumdo Federation

Kyuk Too Ki (KOrean Kickboxing/Streetfighting)

USTU referee and Competitor

Choi, Ji Hoon Instructor-

3rd Dan-Tae Kwon Do

3rd Dan Hapkido

International Haedong Gumdo Federation

Kyuk Too Ki (Korean Kickboxing/Streetfighting)

Tae Kwon Do -- just started in December of last year, in the middle of testing for my third belt, high yellow, this week.

I'm studying under Master H Kang, Kuk Mu Kwon style. Love the art, and I'm amazed at the parts of my body I can reach I never could before :)

Just curious about some of the other testing methods in other dajongs...I watched part of a black belt test last week, and I was told the test totals about 36 hours, broken up over 3 days. I also heard someone who locally attends a Tiger Karate place say their test for black belt was a "grueling 2 and a half hours!". Some difference! What are your tests like? Our colored belt tests are broken up over 3 days, with about 2 hours per day of testing.

I'd love to hear about other dajongs :) great to be here.

Drop by and say hi! - http://www.hbtaekwondo.com - http://www.kangselite.com

I started in Taekwondo in 1984 with one of Sang Kyu Shim's blackbelts we did the Chonji/pyong ahn style forms. I have trained in HApkido since 1987 and tested in front of Grandmaster Yu, Chun Hee and GM Kim,JAe Nam for seocnd Dan. I now study with Dojunim Ji,Han JAe in Sin Moo HApkido and train with Master Mik Mcarthy.

Jack

2nd Dan Hapkido,Taekwondo