• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

nah man.....you are really young...you've got plenty of time to train and become a good fighter.

i started martial arts when i was 12 in TKD then i moved to kickboxing and jiu jitsu when i was 14....i didnt start competing in open Martial arts tournaments untill the following year and i didnt start full contact kickboxing untill i was 16 going on 17 in the coming months. the fight game is something that takes time, hard work and alot of patience. i dont have all the angles figured about but im on my way......start training and give it time!

I thought you were going to say you were in your 50's or something. 16 is a great age to start. That way you're not too young yet not too old. Def. start training if that is what you wan to do.

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

• 4 weeks later...
absoulutly..alot of world class fighters start triaining at 20 or later

Is this true? And if so, could you refer me to a few world class fighters that started around 20+, because if that's the case, I might try my hand at it ;)

One is never to old to start an internal martial art, but starting a external martial art like boxing when your over 40 is then too late. in your situation starting in the teens is a comfortable period to start training in martial arts. the best time is to start when you a kid like 5 + years old.

one advantage of starting in teens is that one'e human body would have developed more, therefore developed more for martial arts training, wheras when your a kid there more chance of accidents and injuries to the human body because its still developing. one advantage of starting as a kid is better flexibility and suppleness. another advantage of starting in teen is you are more organised and know your availability to train and know more of why your are training in martial arts and the purpose of it, whereas when your a kid they do not know much about why they are doing it and will they wana continuing doing it and what it will make of them in the future.

there are loads more other advantages and disadvantages, but i aint gona explain everything you know.

Definately not too young. If you seriously trained your ass off for 9 months straight you'd be up to par and ready to stomp most amateur fighters. Of course, the key is 9 months of training your ass off with no breaks whatsoever.

absoulutly..alot of world class fighters start triaining at 20 or later

Is this true? And if so, could you refer me to a few world class fighters that started around 20+, because if that's the case, I might try my hand at it ;)

Bas Rutten did not start seriously training until he was about 25 and he is thought by many to be one of the Best MMA fighters in the world.

I've been researching Bas Rutten all morning.

He didn't start with any sort of training or martial arts until he was 21, which I find really amazing. (:

Maybe there is just a bit of hope for me after all ;)

Thanks TJS (: