• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keep the conversation respectful, everyone. Besides, isn't this thread supposed to be about boxing? How did it turn into a TKD vs. BJJ thread? :-?

lol, it's not really tkd vs. bjj - I train in bjj - I'm just sticking up for tkd a bit, I guess.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know very well what I said. with proper timing, distances can be controlled.

If we can agre that boxing does teach proper timing.. how come there were zero pure boxers who managed to not get taken down in fights which allowed it?

Boxing teaches nothing which solves the problem of the takedown. A pure boxer has no real defence against a takedown. Not all arts are equally capable of winning a fight.

which is why I stress cross training, or at the least doing some type of work with people who train in other styles... but I see where you are going, and I'll give you that.

LOL! u guys r joking right? hahaha... just cause a boxer isn't "TRAINED" in his guy to do certain things, that doesn't mean that he can't or won't do them in a streetfight! cmmon, think! thanx.

LOL! u guys r joking right? hahaha... just cause a boxer isn't "TRAINED" in his guy to do certain things, that doesn't mean that he can't or won't do them in a streetfight! cmmon, think! thanx.

someone who isint "trained" can throw a punch

someone who isint "Trained" can choke someone

that dosent mean they are good at it the fact is boxers dont leanr how to avoid takedowns so if they face someone who is good at it then they arent going to be able to stop it.