• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

alright, i have no experience with Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu, or, well, about 98% of the various styles listed here. but i'd say that none of them can really be more expansive than hwarang do, at 4,000 techniques, 108 weapons, and all of them done through fluidity and power. then again, bruce lee says in tao of jeet kune do that there really isn't a difference in styles, and that to think so is very ignorant. he said something to the affect of "when i first started the martial arts, a punch was just a punch, a kick was just a kick. when i mastered the martial arts, a punch was so much more than a punch, a kick was so much more than a kick. when i understood the martial arts, a punch was just a punch, a kick was just a kick". just a thought.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Bruce Lee thought there is really no difference in styles, than the techniques are more important than the style. There are more aspects to MA than kicks and punches.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

well, i'm no expert on bruce lee. i watch his movies, i read his book, but it's not like i ever knew him. but in protest to your "there's more to martial arts than just kicks and punches", no one ever said there wasn't. i'd be able to make this more clear, but i lent my copy of the book to someone and he hasn't return it... blasted nate :evil: . give me a day or so until he returns it :roll: i don't know, i totally had a point when i started this, and i completely forgot it :-?

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Cool, thanks battousai16 that would be interesting. I've never got into the whole Bruce Lee thing even though I admire him for what he did. I just think MA have much more to offer than just fighting anyway.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"