• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well there isnty always time to 'read' what to do. you have to move on instict and reactions. and Anzie i think shootfighting basically is bjj/muay thai. i think that is a great combination and very efficient. not the bjj bit tho, bjj may be very effective but i think thats their purpose, lethal wise its about what can do the most damage, so i think muay thai is up there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wing Chun said "yeah it cant cover every possible scenario. infact that would be a weakness to learn how to get out of every situation in a fixed way. its about learning concepts and principles that would suffice at every situation."

That's exactly what Togakore Ninpo Taijutsu teaches, the principles and concepts suffice every situation, and it covers weapons, using them and defending against them. Some Martial Arts are just more complete than others, better or not better is a matter of taste, not a matter of fact.

Your right sometimes there isn't time to read what to do, but if there is time, know how.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

If you're cross training that's cool, so you would have to go to several different schools at one time and pay 3 different schools to learn 3 different styles. It's good if you want to be a MMA fighter. If you just want to learn a very, very complete Martial Art, study Togakure Ryu Ninpo Taijutsu, learn nine styles in one, it's also fun for boys and girls.

Besides the ultimate combo of bjj, muay thai, kali, and shin na (i know i said wing chun or dim mak before but this is better), I would have to say that these in my opinion are the best martial arts without cross training.

traditional Juijutsu

muay thai

ninjutsu

wing chun

shin na

and most other styles of kung fu

hello. KOF. i dont know whether im with you or against. ur confusing me. i think Muay Thai and Wing Chun would make an absolutely lethal stand up combination and i think would destroy any other as a stand up art. but we are talking about complete training, so bjj would be perfect to take care of the grappling side if it does go to the ground. that is perfect as it is then. but ok if u mean totally complete in terms of weapons training aswell then escrima (kali) is self explanatory. i was totally in ur supprt.

then you changed. u were wrong there. let me explain. wing chun would be actually good with bjj, because of its lethal extreme close range power, ranges considered to be nothing but for grappling and grabbing, now ill refer back to this later. dim mak is nerve striking/ close range power etc. it is not a martial art. it is similar to 'iron palm' training. it is not a martial art it is a method very common method however of training the hands to become like iron. dim mak is a method of striking usually with fingers, it can be learnt seperately but is better as part of an art so you can learn better application and how others not trained would react etc. wing chun is one of the main martial arts containing dim mak, in wing chuns 3rd form, labelled as the emergency form, Bil Jee (thrusting fingers), it is basically dim mak. so i think therefor it is much better to learn wing chun and it other benefits, speed, leverage control, reflex tarining from chi sao etc than just to learn dim mak on it own.

then u mentioned chin na. that itself is a sub style, style within a style it is called, it is a method of in a way grappling, but still u cant say a sub style would beat wing chun an i mean why is the bjj there then??

i still say Wing Chun, Muay Thai, and BJJ as the most dangerous and complete cross training style out there. Escrima yes for weapons training aswell but u cant get much better than that but lets stay with empty hand for now.

i ask you which 3-4 martial arts would be the best to cross train in to make the ultimate martial art and why?

thank you and sorry for such a long post

Remember that the purpose of this forum is to discuss the merits, and compare differences/similarities in the arts not to just crow about how a particular art is the greatest.

Please keep that in mind when you post.

From what I have seen, if you want to study weapons techniques, with a large variety of weapons, Ninpo Taijutsu covers the most I've seen in conjunction with unarmed techniques, check it out.