• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that these are just opinions. As long as everyone keeps the discussion clean and respectful, I see no problem with the thread :nod:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Krav maga is the self defense/fighting system of the IDF. It created by Imi shortly after WWII as a sytem that was simple,effective, and could be taught easily and effectivly. it's a very well integrated system that covers all ranges of the fight..punches/kicks/clinch fighting/escapes from chokes/holds/locks/ground fighting..weapons/multiple attackers etc.

If you want a general comparision i would say..

Hands are very similar to Western boxing

kicks/knees are similar to Muay Thai

plus quite a bit of grappling similar to wrestling and Jiu jitsu.

very simple/agressive/and to the point no nonsense system.

Nope your all wrong yellow bamboo is the best. Nah only joking. I have no idea what the best one would be, I think the only person that could really give a good answer is one who's practiced every known art.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

I would say Gun-do. Even a Mauy Thai practioners conditioned shins cant stop that. :lol:

Nor could they keep up with the speed and elusiveness of Nike-do

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. Put water into a tea pot, it becomes the tea pot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend."

- Bruce Lee

Remember that these are just opinions. As long as everyone keeps the discussion clean and respectful, I see no problem with the thread

Tell that to SaiFightsMS........ooooooops........I'm rebelling............slap my wrist

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

It is funny how everyone wants to know what style/martial art is "best".

For me, I've found any exposure I've had to other martial arts fascinating. I really am not in a position to say which martial art is the best. My honest opinion is that it is a personal thing; the one that is best is the one that suits you the best. :)

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse