• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A picture of your favourite technique.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If I had a digital camera, I would take a picture of me doing the technique. My "favorite" techniques tend to change periodically. Right now I'm pretty partial to using a sidekick in sparring.

A couple of my favorite techniques to do during floorwork (just because they're flashy and I can excute them quite well): Jump inside crescent kick, spinning back kick, jump snap kick, 360 sudo stance, and even a good jump back kick (on a good day). So what if they're not practical for sparring...they're still fun! :bigwink:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

One of my favourite techniques (not for the ring)...

lead side kick to knee - backfist to temple - reverse punch to throat - front kick to groin - knee to face

I really like combinations.

OoPs. :blush: Sorry for messing up your thread mojo Kensai :P

Here's a pic of a nice, clean sidekick.

http://www.karatethejapaneseway.com/photos/Young_Sensei_sidekick_at_the_beach_mono.jpg

OoPs. :blush: Sorry for messing up your thread mojo Kensai :P

Here's a pic of a nice, clean sidekick.

http://www.karatethejapaneseway.com/photos/Young_Sensei_sidekick_at_the_beach_mono.jpg

That looks hard.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

That looks hard.

Nah, the foot position is all in the ankle. Plus, his upper body is slightly rotated...they aren't perfectly aligned, which is the really hard part. But they're pretty close. That's about what my sidekick would look like right now since I'm having some problems remembering to keep my shoulders aligned...they'd probably be a little more squared with my target :kaioken:

All-in-all, the sidekick is one of the simplest kicks to throw...it's mastering the proper timing and use in sparring that's difficult ;)

That looks hard.

Nah, the foot position is all in the ankle. Plus, his upper body is slightly rotated...they aren't perfectly aligned, which is the really hard part. But they're pretty close. That's about what my sidekick would look like right now since I'm having some problems remembering to keep my shoulders aligned...they'd probably be a little more squared with my target :kaioken:

All-in-all, the sidekick is one of the simplest kicks to throw...it's mastering the proper timing and use in sparring that's difficult ;)

I'm actually talking about the balance.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

Yeah, it's like sand in the water and stuff ...

Ever stand on a beach like that? The sand shifts under your feet when the water comes in.. or at least I remember it doing that... it's been a couple years since I've lived close enough to the ocean to go to the beach :bawling:

Visit Shaolin, Chinese Martial Arts

- I don't fear the 10,000 techniques you've practised once, I fear the one technique you've practiced 10,000 times. -