• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why Wrestlers are effective on the street.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it worked, but man he got pummeled for a long time before he tried that! All I can say is ouch! For both of them!

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

I don't know the whole thing looked goofy to me. For one, the guy doing the punching had no power behind his punching. Also, being punched on the top or crown of your head won't do much of anything to you anyways, unless there is a lot of power and you're being hit with a very solid object.

Also, the guy in the headlock was pretty dumb to let himself get there. IF his opponent had any amount of training the guy could have suffered some serious neck injury. So, it doesn't seem like he was very skilled at all because the movie started out with him in a headlock.

Watch the punches again, they kinda look even pulled a bit, this movie could have been staged.

About grabbing a guy and throwing them down. Almost every single untrained person tries something like that. They don't know any better. Many friends in my youth had no martial arts training and when fighting around wrestling was what they tried to do, because the gross movements were the only thing their bodies could do under the stress.

About anyone being able to do a move like the guy did in the video, I'm going to have say most anyone will try something like that. If not lifting the guy up, at least try to wrestle him to the ground. And yes, anybody watching wrestling will have a higher chance of doing something like that.

That's because a movement like that requires no fine motor skills 0r muscle-memory conditioning to accomplish.

I find comparing the backdrop to a sidekick ridiculous. Any fool can pick another up and drop them. Doing a sidekick effectively isn't done by the average idiot.

A friend of mine was an avid WWE viewer with his brother. That's all they did were those stupid moves from the show. Then, you have those idiots who do their own backyard WWE. I doubt they've had excellent training in the arts of picking up your opponent and dropping them. They just copy what they see on TV.

As for doing the same for martial arts. Sure, someone can watch the KarateKid and think they know karate, but such refined motor-skills they will not be able to execute properly in a fight. They might try to kick, but it will only cost them. (Unless they're lucky enough to have a dote for an opponent).

The video, at the very least, had minimal entertainment value and almost no educational value. It showed one dope fighting another.

It's a good thing that the 'wrestler' didn't get jumped by the other guy's friends when he was that headlock or when they went to the ground. I've said it in the past wrestling is not the best thing for street fighting. You take too many risks and put yourself at too much a hazard to external and internal dangers for it to be worth using as your primary defense on the street.

Maybe if the standing guy actually hit somewhere vulnerable or began to put a vise on the wrestlers esophagus the fight would have gone elsewhere. Seeing as how the wrestler didn't even try to strike to the groin or break a finger I don't think was that serious. May have just been a yard-fight between two acquaintances. If someone one the street had by some miracle got me in a headlock I would break some fingers, bite a chunk out of his arm, and strike in the groin to get him to release.

MA. :D

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein