• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I do boxing and TKD (itf). I find they both go really well together. I love the power and body movement from boxing and the kicks of TKD

The only trouble i have ever found is with the footwork. mainly transferring of weigh. When your kicking your weight is obviously all on your rear leg, generally my kicking stance is also slightly more side on.

For a punch i want my weight more 50/50 and onto the front leg in squarer stance. I'm yet to find some good drills to get this right other then lots and lots of pad work.

Bretty

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey is TKD + Boxing a good combination? Also is boxing good for fights on the street?

yeh boxing is great for street fights, combining TKD and boxing just makes your fighting skill greater! a TKD guy dominates over a boxing guy, but a stronger boxer would dominate over a TKD guy. a strong TKD guy and a strong boxing guy, then the TKD guy. boxing punches are more effective than TKD punches, but TKD punches are faster and sharper than boxing punches, so yeh combining the two style would just make a better skillful fighter.

From a TKD Vs Boxing point of veiw. (i know this isn't the point just a note)

I fight a lot of boxers and have noticed one disadvantage they have against kickers. The are wicked at bobbing and weaving with their head and are really hard to hit, but their Centre of gravity hardly moves it's always in the centre of their squarer 50/50 stance. So they are very vulnerable to mid section push kicks such as the front kick!!

just a note

Bretty