• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hey is TKD + Boxing a good combination? Also is boxing good for fights on the street?

hands are the most important thing in a fight IMO..boxing is far from a complete stlye but it gives you the tools to be great.

I persoanally think MT + boxing is one of the best combinations around.

In theory TKD and boxing Sounds good But I would stick to MT if thats an option.

My TSD teacher did that also. When we did certian techniques, our arms/fists weren't at our waists. We throw a punch or kick from a "boxing stance." We did it like that a lot, except for forms, and some techniques.

Laurie F

I strongly don't think it's a good idea to learn boxing and tae kwon do separately. (I assume we are referring to the W.t.f style of tae kwondo.) Like a few have said already, boxing has a different stance.

It seems logical to learn boxing and tae kwon do to have a balance of punching and kicking. However, the problem with learning boxing and tae kwon do is, you don't learn how to combine your kicks with your punches. It takes practice and skill to efficiently kick and follow up with your hands. Like Jerry Love said, "there are other arts that would work much better with boxing's basic approachs" Muay thai is one martial art learning to combine both kicks and punches.

Edited by koreantiger81

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt