• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MILITARY COMBATIVES

By the way, I've been guilty of many of these assumptions and misconceptions in the past. But the more I look at the martial arts, the more I'm amazed at what is there and how wrong I can be at times. Opening your mind can be one of the biggest advantages to studying martial arts 8) .

Freedom isn't free!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your Sifu should be the one to take the credit for that, there are some Kenpo Schools that are dubious, just like many other school. Seems like your studying at a good school. I agree with the comment about opening ones mind, seems like an easy thing to do, but it's difficult for some. I'd encourage you to check out a reputable Budo Taijutsu School you might find it interesting and useful, especially if you like weapons.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Budo Taijutsu is a great Combat Art based on pragmatic principles as opposed Kata collecting. It was designed for Combat. Also I wouldn't really advise Grappling with a 60 pound pack on your back, when there's a battle going on. I also agree that Krav Maga is great for Combat.

The military packs have quick release tabs on them. You ditch them the second the fighting starts.

Budo Taijitsu rocks! They have kata but the kata are very short.

"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' " Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

• 2 weeks later...

After being in the military since 1982 and seeing many different ideas on combatives and training in HApkido, Taekwondo , Fma and Kung fu I think the Marines combative system has evolve from LINE (linear neural overide engagement) system into a decent Martial art stressing levels of basic training rsising to more advanced principles and covering a wide variety of scenarios and also locking in with thier ethic and core values training. Semper FI!

US Special Forces teaches a system based on Filipino Martial Arts and looks like a good utilitarian system also.

Jack O

Jack

2nd Dan Hapkido,Taekwondo