• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New member with an important question...

I practiced ninjitsu before and can tell you that any school associated with the Bujinkan is probably going to be good. That means that they are at least associated with Dr. Hatsumi who is the 34 grand master of the 9 schools. He inherited the scrolls of the Togakure Ryu.

A high level guy in the org. had a falling out and formed the Genbukan which is also real ninjitsu.

Dux Ryu and Hoshinroshi Ryu are American Ryus of Ninjitsu. Their American founders got high degrees from Hatsumi before founding theri ouw schools.

I don't know about anyone else.

Here is a link to help you find real Ninjitsu.

http://www.winjutsu.com/

"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' " Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Once again thank you for all the links to websites.

Monkeygirl: How to explain training?? If you mean how I condition my body then it goes something like this:

10 count pushups: Push-ups that help strengthen the hand by alternating the position from a bridge to finally a normal push-up. 5 push-ups equals one 10 count push-up.

6 count sit-ups: Normal sit-ups with a little alteration, having to touch your elbow to your knee when you have fully sat up. 3 sit-ups equals one 6 count sit-up.

And also some jogging thrown in there as well.

Now if you mean the kind of stuff we train at during a class I can't really say much. One a few things like we focus on wasting as little movement as we can get by with, for example instead of our punches tend to go straight toward the target. It's hard to explain that though.

Hope that makes sense and helps some.

Michael Smith