• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"Judo" Gene LaBelle wears a trademark pink gi. The story behind that is that at a tournament or something in Japan one time he sent his gi out to an overnight laundry. Something happened and it came back pink. Not having another one he wore the magnificent pink gi to the affair.

The pink color stuck with him.

my friend is starting bjj and he was wondering if he could wear a blue gi or not. i dont know the answer to this question either. its got us stumped.

fight til you die

Best then to ask his instructor. Some places do not like gi's with those big patches all over them. Some have a strictly white policy.

Then there are the reversably gis - white on one side blue on the other.

At the school I train at they only allow blue belts and above to wear coloured gi's.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

Around here mose of the non-grappling schools prefer the students to wear white gi until they reach at least a brown belt, then then can wear whatever color they want.

Most of the grappling schools prefer black gi, simply because of rolling around on the mats all the time, they tend to get dirty quicker, and black just doesn't show the dirt as bad as trying to keep a white gi looking clean.

Kung Fu - Orange Sash *Last attended 1998

Tetsu Hei(MMA) - White Belt

Aikido - White Belt

Ju-Jitsu - White Belt