• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wing Chun punch would break knuckles?

OK, so the body mechanics in kedo involves dropping your body and crashing downward... what would happen to a fencer that tried that? Oh yes, he'd loose.

The body mechanics are quite different.

The mechanics are different from thrusting weapons (epee) to slashing weapons (sabre) to draw-cut weapons (katana) to bludgeoning and hacking weapons (mace).

Similarly, the mechanics are different from large weapons (greatsword) to medium weapons (cutlass) to small weapons (tactical folder).

You may strike a nail the same way you cut a steak, but the rest of us do not.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does a fencer thrust with his body behind his sword or with his arm only? Larger weapons are used to thrust also, Kendo has thrusting moves also. Katanas are not only designed to slash and bash thrust attacks are part of kenjutsu and Iiado. I encourage you to seriously observe a fencing match and watch the legs and hips. The mechanics in any proficient Martial Art is basically the same, slight tweaks here and there but pretty much the same.

"You may strike a nail the same way you cut a steak, but the rest of us do not."

Carpentry and Culinary Arts have their specific way of doing things, and so does Martial Arts and yes fencing is a Martial Art.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

on the surface, they may look the same, but the mechanics may be worlds different. a good example is the roundhouse of say, tkd and muay thai. they both look like roundhouses, because they are, but the mechanics are quite different.

I spent 3 years fencing.

I spent 2 years in armor fighting with replicas (in weight and balance) of several medieval European weapons.

I now spend my time in a knife art.

I've done all these movements, and done them competitively. I don't need to go watch someone do them, I've done them myself, against others, and over the course of years. They are different.

Carpentry and Culinary Arts have their specific way of doing things, and so does Martial Arts and yes fencing is a Martial Art.

Oh, so now all culinary arts use the same body mechanics?

So you chop carrots with a knife the same way you chop meat with a cleaver the same way you fellet a fish, the same way you peel a potato?

Funny, I remember different mechanics for each of those.

No, JerryLove Carpentry and Martial Arts are Not the same, that's not what I said.

If you can't interpret what I said and don't understand what's behind my comment, I think you should revisit your basics.

There are proper body mechanics for Medieval Weapons also, they are the same, your body doesn't magically change with each weapon you pick up does it?

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Untill you get so basic as to be useless (muscles contract against bones causing movement), the mechanics change all the time.

A whip is wielded with defferent mechanics than an epeee, which is handled differently than a claymore, which is not used with the same mechanics of a capoerist who uses different body mechanics than a WC practitioner.

lmao :D

hey i respect that though. he makes some good arguments, just dont get carried away with them to the point where you dont even noe wut your talking about any more.

style:wing chun

Don't try to predict the outcome of a fight. just let nature take its course.