• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said:

"using the body to punch often opens the centre of someones body out and has their elbows wide."

To which I replied:

" I just stood up, to othe standard WC pose, and threw three punches along my centerline, using my body, and without turning out my elbows"

You propped up a straw-man argument in which you attacked body-use punches for a characteristic they do not neccessairily have. I pointed out that you were wrong to do so.

:o waoh waoh...i never said that. try to read back in the post. body punches have there own efficiancy but wing chun is known for being very effective against boxing. boxing punches sometimes tend to swing or arc, i think thats what that person meant to say, in which case it would open the center line, which wing chun promptly takes advantage of.

style:wing chun

Don't try to predict the outcome of a fight. just let nature take its course.

Ok then....Sorry for my last post it was very general I suppose. I agree with everything that has been said anjd it is true that any punch (even WC) uses body. If course it does, I thought by using the body you meant like a western boxer punch. Which at the end of the day is going to knock any WC practitioner or other MA out.

When I said the elbow is out i meant this. Quite often people swing with "haymakers", in this instance a straight line punch will take less time to reach a target. This is of course theoretical because it depends on a persons reaction time in the first place. I seem to have struck a raw nerve here, I don't think that any punch is superior than any other. Its as you guys said before in reply to my wormhole comment! To coin an english phrase, its all swings and roundabouts.

Thank you for the replies...and if someone could post a link to the punching style you referred to I would be interested to see it.

Thank you

droo

. Which at the end of the day is going to knock any WC practitioner or other MA out.

why do you say this? are you tryin to say that its stronger than a wing chun punch?

style:wing chun

Don't try to predict the outcome of a fight. just let nature take its course.

"Be like water my friend." Bruce Lee said that I think.

Anyway, correct body mechanics are correct body mechanics, whether your Wing Chun, Karate, Boxing, Baseball Player, Golfer. There is such thing as good form and no matter how strong you are you should with the correct body mechanics throw a devastating blow. I don't think hitting the wall proves anything in a "REAL" fight. I could punch through boards and drywall when I was 8 years old, could I knock out an adult male when I was 8? Probably not. Why punch knuckles, why waste time doing that if you can just finish your opponent quickly?

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Are you talking about Kendo? If you are, you're exactly right. The sword and the fist are the same, the body mechanics are the same, why should they be different?

I guess you didn't get anything from my post, speech or not.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"