• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wing Chun punch would break knuckles?

My question is that in WC they punch with the bottom three knucles, but wouldn't you break some if you punched someone or something hard?

just curious. do they condition them or something to make them harder?

"Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole body and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.''-Einstein

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In wing chun we do have conditioning for our knuckles such as knuckle pres ups but then traditionally hours spent on a wall bag toughens our knuckles up quite a lot. but why only wing chun im pretty sure all styles have punches using their knuckles why wouldnt they get broken? i mean knuckles are knucles and if someone does try to smash a wall with bare fist then whatever style they practise it will hurt them.

but wing chun does tech us very accurate knuckle positioning to get maximum effect.

wing chun punches appear to be weaker but once that centerline punch is trained well enough, it has a lot of hidden explosive power. we learn to use elbow energy as apposed to throwing our shoulders into it.

style:wing chun

Don't try to predict the outcome of a fight. just let nature take its course.

wing chun punches appear to be weaker but once that centerline punch is trained well enough, it has a lot of hidden explosive power. we learn to use elbow energy as apposed to throwing our shoulders into it.

arm punches will never be as powerful as body punches.

look at a boxing punch and look at a WC punch..it's obvious whitch one is more powerful.

I do not know what style of Wing Chun you are referring to but. Any of the WC styles that I have seen all punch using all of the knuckles and not concentrating on any certain set of knuckles. True because of the alignment of the WC punch, it tends to be physicaly stronger becuase of proper bone alignment. Thus lending itself to the strengthening of the fist itself.

"We work with being, but non-being is what we use" Tao Te Ching