• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Went to watch another class at my dojo today.

BKJ1216

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The addition of the -San suffix at the end of names is a sign of respect. I have been at schools that use it and some that don't.

Well it just seemed really corny to me. I mean I almost lauged when he said it.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

if thats true than everyone in osaka is pretty corny to you :lol: i understand it takes some getting used to, all cultures do, but if you research why there doing that a little bit you would probably come to appriciate it more.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

They have 4 month classes. I have to wait until May. 12 to get into the adult white belt class.

Now that's something new for me :) In our dojo you can join anytime. in the first lessons you are taught some basic stuff and then you'l catch up real fast with the others. Sometimes the high ranks take care of the absolute beginners and it's all smooth and fine.

I've taught a beginner Mawashi geri in just 2 hours. Guess I'm a genius :)

• 2 weeks later...

I go to a Tae Kwon Do school. We count in (loose) Korean, some of our blocks are in korean, and a few of our katas. For the most part we speak English. We don't even use the "Sensei" or "Sah Bum Nihm" titles, it's just "Instructor", "Assistant Instructor", etc.

Yet my instructor calls me "Tammy-san" :lol:

He has a different name that he likes to call each leadership team member by, and that's mine :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.