I wish i could kick like the Great one

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I credit Jhoon Rhee a lot for Bruce's side kick....and his countless hours and hours of practice....and more practice...and some more...

Even though I'm not a huge fan of his, Benny Urquidez had a good side kick that he actually applied well in competition.

The thing I always noticed about Lewis was he could kick but obviously favored to punch. Maybe he grew out of this and I only saw earlier fights? I know the man can kick, I'm not disputing that but what I'm saying is in some fights he was about 95% punching and 5% kicking.

Urquidez kicked a lot more in the fights I saw of him and from fights I've seen of him and people I know that trained with him, the man has a brick head...he can take a hit.

The thing I always noticed about Lewis was he could kick but obviously favored to punch. Maybe he grew out of this and I only saw earlier fights? I know the man can kick, I'm not disputing that but what I'm saying is in some fights he was about 95% punching and 5% kicking.

Urquidez kicked a lot more in the fights I saw of him and from fights I've seen of him and people I know that trained with him, the man has a brick head...he can take a hit.

I have never got to see anything on Benny the Jet, but I hear the name says it all. I also never got to see any of Lewis' fights, either. I did see a picture of him sparring Norris in a point fight, and man, he was HUGE. I mean, Norris is average sized, but Lewis was THICK. I would not want to mess with that guy.

The Master and Jr. Master instructors at my school got to meet Lewis in Atlanta, when a former Master of our association was fighting someone that Lewis was in the corner of. They got to meet him after the fight, and they have a picture with him. Man, he is still a beast. I'll bet he still lifts regularly.