• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I wish i could kick like the Great one

To get your kicks perfect you need alot of dedication,strength,and balance,you also need alot and alot of practice if you ever want to kick like bruce lee,train your legs every single day. :karate:

Karate is like an explosion, not like paint drying!

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your foot should pivot as you kick, place it as said before at about ten o'clock, but don't stop there. As your kick continues towards, into and through the target, your foot should also pivot so that at the end of the kick your foot is facing almost completely away from the target. This will facilitate proper rotation of the hips. And don't kick your target, kick through your target. A proper round kick (in muay thai anyway), should arc so that the bony part of the shin is brought into contact with the target and not the muscular area on either side of it. Leg kicks are easiest to do this with as the arc does not need to go as high. The more you pivot your foot, the more your hips will rotate, i.e. the more power your kicks will have.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars!

-=pain is weakness leaving the body=-

If there's lead in the air, there is hope in the heart!

I can do many of those kicks Bruce Lee can and its acheivable by ballistic streching. Before you do any workout go up to a wall and have both hands on the wall. Then start swinging you leg back and forth for about 10 -12 times each leg. Then after that form a karate front stance and swing you leg as high as you can and tuck your hips under your leg. Do this 10-12 times both legs. Those are two very rudimentry streches for high kicking. Then after you are done training or working out then do static streching. Static streching is your splits, chinese splits, hurdle strech hamstring and quadricep steches etc. etc. Static streching releives the lactic acid that forms in your body after a workout/training session anyway so its good to do.

Its very simple you can just strech to do the high kicks, if you want to kick then simply kick as high as you can until you can kick higher and higher. Pretty soon you will develop more balance and coordination too.

Good luck on becoming a better kicker and practitioner.

• 10 months later...

practice. that's about it. the best way to improve kicking is to kick.

time yourself - kick the bag as hard and as fast as you can with good technique in two mins or so. Write down how many you threw - keep a log of it. each time you train, try to beat your previous record. You may also want to add plyometrics to your training, if you haven't already.

• 4 weeks later...

Say "I will" instead of "I wish" and start training until you drop and proceed again soon with the same strict regiment

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Say "I will" instead of "I wish" and start training until you drop and proceed again soon with the same strict regiment

Best post so far on the thread, if you take the advice it will help you greatly.

Fist visible Strike invisible

• 1 year later...
:smile:

Ok ive just watched

Enter the Dragon

how the hell does Lee kick that great come on whats the secret??

how'd did he stretch

how do i stop overturning???

man i need help with my side kicks and turning kicks

how'd did bruce perfect his kicks???

The most beautiful kicks I have ever seen are done by Baukaw Por Pramuk. Go to Youtube and see how he practices, his kicks.

Gravity is the root of lightness; stillness is the ruler of movement. Lao Tzu