• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Counterpart to the dojo bunny.

I'm inclined to agree with Karate_woman. While there will always be the pathetic and the predator, attraction toward another is not a 'wrong' thing. If i were to find someone i was attracted to in a dojo, i would likely 'check' to see if friendship was in the wings. However, i don't believe i would feel comfortable making any 'moves,' per se, in the training hall. This is a trapped atmosphere, much like a job or a college classroom. Becoming friends is entirely acceptable, but bringing it beyond that... it should be taken outside. I also do not believe there should be a differentiation between that of a student and an instructor.

I did encounter one student that kept taking advantage of pauses in training to flirt with one particular student and i ended up having to correct him. My concern stemmed from the fact he was both distracting her and himself, which would eventually cause someone to be injured.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you think would be a good name for the male counterpart to the dojo bunny? You know guys who go to class to pick up girls. What is a good name for them ...??????

Rabbit hunters?

Freedom isn't free!

• 2 weeks later...
sharks... LOL

"but I didn't know this style had groundfighting??"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

I could be completely offensive, if you wish me to be.

Same here, but for the sake of this thread and this forum, I strongly recommend that you refrain from engaging me in a flame war ^^

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

Gumbob, I apologize if I have offended your obviously tender sensitivities.

considering my comment is a full page back, and over a week in the past, I wonder if this isn't an attempt to pull an "oh, poor me..I'm soooo picked on...everyone please feel sorry for me," ploy?

Feel free to flame me, I shan't respond, but if it makes your little tender bottom feel less bruised, please do so.

:D

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

Gumbob, I apologize if I have offended your obviously tender sensitivities.

considering my comment is a full page back, and over a week in the past, I wonder if this isn't an attempt to pull an "oh, poor me..I'm soooo picked on...everyone please feel sorry for me," ploy?

Feel free to flame me, I shan't respond, but if it makes your little tender bottom feel less bruised, please do so.

:D

Er...what does the time of response have to do with anything? I hope you're not just another martial-arts obsessed insecure meathead looking to prove himself on an online forum after getting beat up too much in grade school, something unfortunately too common. Btw, I just pretty much came back today or yesterday so it's not like I regularly visit this place so forgive me for not being "up-to-date" on my responses. Furthermore, I'm not a troll who desires to flame people, and engaging in childish back-and-forth banter isn't something exactly constructive. Even your time is more precious than that, haha. But I think you do have some issues and inner demons with that condescending attitude of yours. Hope you can get that sorted out in the future. Peace! ^^

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

• 9 months later...

I understand not breaching the instructor student wall, buit what about 2 students. I was dating one of my fellow students for a while. While i would never think about any of teh kids i teach that way (well, they are only 6) i dont think student relation ships ae wrong. Any one have feelings on this?

What do I call students in my dojo that are there to hit on the women?

Competition...then ex-students! :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"