• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Counterpart to the dojo bunny.

Now keeping in mind that this is not a serious topic; what do you think would be a good name for the male counterpart to the dojo bunny?

You know guys who go to class to pick up girls. What is a good name for them - shark, jackrabbit ??????

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of which....

To you other girls practicing karate, how do you handle it when two or three of the instructors try to ask you out? Flattering, but I don't want to let it interfere with my training.

Rachael

Kenpo - Red/Black Belt

Tae Kwon Do (long time ago)

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, and keep trying again.

::edit:: Edited by Sparky

Kenpo - Red/Black Belt

Tae Kwon Do (long time ago)

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, and keep trying again.

Ahhhh!!! you mean Canis Lupus Japanus "The Japanese Dojo-Wolf" :brow:

These creatures are known to frequent Karate clubs world wide and are quite commonly known for their voracious libido as well their deadly fighting skills. :D :D :D

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

Speaking of which....

To you other girls practicing karate, how do you handle it when two or three of the instructors try to ask you out? Flattering, but I don't want to let it interfere with my training.

Rachael

It's inappropriate for an instructor to be flirting with students. You might point this out to them. Instructors should know better than to compromize the teacher student relationship. If they are junior instructors and the problem persists, you might need to say something to the head instructor, but I would only use that as a last resort. If he does need to speak to them make sure he only addresses the issue in general terms and makes sure not to mention any specific people.

A name for it..not sure, I guess it depends on the guy and why he's into it...perhaps I should explain.

I never really thought anything of it until I put "karate" down as one of my interests in Yahoo!. Within a week this guy started bugging me to beat him up...literally put him in the hospital. I of course refused, and even humored him enough to try to explain why I wouldn't do it, and why he's having trouble finding legit female martial artists on the internet who will do it.

I never really thought of the attraction men have to female martial artists for their simple strength and skills until that moment. It turns out there is a whole branch of domination that is related to "martial arts" (I'll use the term loosely, no pun intended) babes who beat up guys for money.

Anyway, I digress. In the case of instructors, their (while inappropriate) attraction probably stems from a simple case of finding a chick that is into the same stuff he's into; it is a common bond. I wouldn't even have a name for that type...maybe shark fits if it is someone who they are teaching, though. In the case of a guy off the street starting to train just to meet karate babes (like the dojo bunnies do, I believe), what about dojo pups? Following her around like a lost puppy dog?

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

• 11 months later...