• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fighting spirit

Ghost

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Fighting spirit entails much more than just a physical fight against and opponent. Everyone has different kinds of battles they wage in daily life that have nothing to do with kicking and punching; but still requre persitence to overcome.

Yes but i dont think you can compare the things in personal life to a real fight.

The intencity is differen. With everyday things you can back off a bit and think "i dont want to do this anymore" in a fight you cant do this you have to be totally commited.

Thats different. To stay in college requires motivation. If you want to stay in college you will.

In a fight the motivation is there already.

You need to find something more than that to win though.

You need to be able to pull out that animal instict inside you to win.

Yes but i dont think you can compare the things in personal life to a real fight.

The intencity is differen. With everyday things you can back off a bit and think "i dont want to do this anymore" in a fight you cant do this you have to be totally commited.

How does this all pertain to a karate club?

You can teach someone to fight, but how can you teach spirit? Learning karate to many peoples dismay is not going to turn a 90lb weakling into

Rambo or a Samauri.

My definition of spirit is mental toughness combined with a thick-headed stubborness not to give up no matter what. It requires a bit of personal selfishness where you will not and sometimes can not let anyone get the best of you. Used properly it can help you achieve many goals in life, it

can also turn a person into a total_____________.

IMO either you have it or you don't.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

is the fighting spirit gone from the dojo's: in many, yes

is it gone from karate?: NEVER!

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty