• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am interested in Muay Thai but.....

Hello everybody I'm a newbie at this forum.

I am interested in taking Muay Thai but I had a few questions about it.

First of all usually how much are classes? How hard is it on your body? I'm a 5 foot 105 pound girl will I be okay (Lol.)?

I am taking Wushu right now also will that affect my Muay Thai training? Is there a certain part of the body Muay Thai is really hard on?

I found that Wushu is really hard on my thighs and knees.

How many days a week do you have to go to Muay Thai classes?

I hope I didn't confuse you with so many questions. Thanks for reading! :blush:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You will be interested in knowing that there are more ladies training in Muay Thai than I have ever seen before. These aren't big, manly women either. They are cute little ladies just as yourself. It's really scary that these beautiful girls are become really awesome at Muay Thai.

Muay Thai can be hard on the body, just as any athletic activity can be. You just have to ease into it and take it slow at first. You might get a few bruises on your shin or elbow, bu that will get better after a couple months of continuous training.

As for pricing, that will depend on your area and the school. My gym charges 75/month for unlimited hours of training. Most places in the USA will charge more for only 2 or 3 sessions of training a week.

I train about 5 times a week, but I'm insane. You can train 2 or 3 times a week and become able to defend yourself well.

My advice is this.. go out and try it. You won't know until you've tried it, whether or not you'll like it.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Yep.. obsessed with martial arts training. That's me. :bdaybiggrin:

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

I find a quarterly ritual of bloodletting just as stimulating as my martial arts activities during that period of time.... *whips the demon back into the dark recesses of his soul*... ahem, excuse that lack of, um, control...

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity - this might not be true but it sure is a good way to explain why there is goatsblood smeared over the wall"

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.