• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Amazing

I have picked up 2 books on japanese swordmanship, and one on Kendo.

Amazing.

Reallly amazing.

I am certified with the katana now.. and figured the books would be good reads. But I am absolutely fascinated by the philosophy, katas and movements involved in the books. I, practice some of the forms I have been reading.. and even though I know they are not perfect... to me, its awesome. I feel great after doing them, and even though I may not do it exactly like an instructor would show me, even though I have some very small minor flaws in my forms that a trained eye could show me.... I can not help but feel the balance when I do the forms. Not sure why?? Maybe because, In my perception, I am doing the forms correctly, just need refining, so I dont have any pressure on me from someone else to learn them?? I dunno. I can understand now why Karate students rave so much about katas and how good it is for you.

Not to mention, to read Japanese history and philosophy is incredible. I cant get enough of it!!

I just dont understand it.. but I like it. Anyway, I wanted to share that with everyone!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt