• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was wondering if anyone could offfer a second opinion on this. I was in my first full contact fight (kickboxing) last weekend but I got disqualified before the end of the first round. Near the beginning of the round I was given a warning for one of my kicks being to low (barely below the hip). However 10 seconds before the end of the first round he threw a left leg roundhouse just as I threw a right and my foot connected with his groin :o . I was then disqualified for the low kick. My coach however, said I should have received a second warning and just lost, since my opponent had to be carried of. Has this ever happened to anyone else and do people think should have happened.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've come close to having a win thrown out. My opponent tapped but I waited for the ref to break the fight and I almost got it reversed.

There's nothing worse than having an opponent tap, you let go and the ref never saw anything.

I dont think disqualification would have been necessary there- its always possible to miss, get your kick thrown off, or have your opponent move in an unfortunate direction, but just because it was too low the 2nd time doesnt mean disqualification

Although I must say, if he had to be carried off that would be grounds certainly for a loss

Patience is a grand- either you can learn it or I can make you learn it.

Any time judges are involved, things get tricky and complicated. I'm not saying that the judges are corrupt, just human. Sometimes errors are made, even by the experts. A lot of times, there are so many sets of rules from dojo to dojo, gym to gym, who can keep them straight? Certainly not judges who are from different schools, judging people from yet more different schools. However, there is usually a general idea of what the rules are. It's the details that get confused.

Interesting discussion, keep it coming :up:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.