• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The object is not to get in an armbar in the first place, the way I've gotten out is by sitting up while the lock is happening, I lean in with elbow with all weight on the inner thigh of the opponent and they sit up from the pain it works great. Now in a real situation, like a street fight, I can't say, to many factors in a street fight.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right about not getting caught in the first place.

Are you talking about armbar from mount ?

So if the guy is armbarring your right arm, does he have his left leg over your head, left foot flat on the floor with his knee bent and his butt against your right shoulder ?

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

Yeah, before that left leg gets over your head and settled, you have to kinda know when it's about to happen, still new to BJJ.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I've had two friends bitten in streetfights. One ignored and completed the armbar - it's hard to bite when you're screaming from a broken arm. All my friend got was a bruise on his leg as the guy's teeth didn't penetrate my friends jeans.

The other had a guy bite him on the stomach when they were grappling. My friend swept his opponent and then broke his arm.

Both times my friends ended up with bruises and their opponents with broken arms.

A pinch won't do anything in a real fight with adrenaline pumping through your system. Beware of attacks that only work on pain as they will have little effect on some people - especially if they are high or drunk.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

so you are saying that if someone pinches your groin you will not feel it? I do not think you are going to pull off an arm bar if u are drunk.

no..the point is..you pinch my groin and I break your arm..who wins that exchange?

If a person already has an arm bar on you... you're pretty much done.

Like treebranch said - the object is to not get caught in the first place.

"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." - Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it." - Captain Richard Marcinko, USN, Ret.

"Do more than what is required of you." - General George S. Patton

"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?

If a person already has an arm bar on you... you're pretty much done.

Like treebranch said - the object is to not get caught in the first place.

exactly and to do that you learn how to grapple/avoid submissions.