• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry I must have misinterpreted what you said, my apologies.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think as you are applying an armbar the guy pinches the inside of your thigh close to your groin. ouch it happened to me and the response was to let go real quick. The guy who did it was 4th dan shotokan.He does not want to learn bjj but loves to figure out ways of getting out of the positions and does a good job.

Where Art ends, nature begins.

Just think as you are applying an armbar the guy pinches the inside of your thigh close to your groin. ouch it happened to me and the response was to let go real quick. The guy who did it was 4th dan shotokan.He does not want to learn bjj but loves to figure out ways of getting out of the positions and does a good job.

Getting pinched/bitten < getting your arm broken.

tactics like that can be effective in some cases but if you have someone in an arm lock you arent going to wait for them to do something your going to break it and move on.

Small distractions give you enough time to get loose as long as the lock is not all the way on, it fricken hurts.

Small distractions give you enough time to get loose as long as the lock is not all the way on, it fricken hurts.

with the adrennaline rush of a real fight it's unlikely.

TJS is correct. The last thing i'm going to be worried about in a fight is someone pinching me. I've had two friends bitten in fights and they both said it had no effect, one guy broke the others arm, the other guy who got bitten swept his opponent and then armbarred him.

The thing you need to remember as TJS put it, is that when you're in a fight you're not gently putting on the armlock, waiting for the tap. You control the arm and break it straight away - thus there's no time for pinches etc to work.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

So there no way out , beware of the INVINCIBLE ARMBAR. I've seen plenty of fighters get out of an armbar in the UFC and PRIDE, come on guys.

So there no way out , beware of the INVINCIBLE ARMBAR. I've seen plenty of fighters get out of an armbar in the UFC and PRIDE, come on guys.

yes you can get out of an armbar...there is a counter to ever submission but you shouldent rely on biting/pinching ot get you out of all of them.

some people like to use them as a soultion for not knowing grappling(not talking about you specifically)...dirty techniques can be effective but you have to have a descent amount of skill to use them succesfully.

I agree with you, you shouldn't rely on it, but if it works it work, if it doesn't try something else.

If you waste your time trying to pinch or bite your way out of a submission you'll end up with a broken arm/leg or choked unconscious. You are far better off learning the correct way to get out of submissions than relying on things that will not work against someone who is committed to hurting you.

You won't have time to try a pinch, then if it doesn't work try something else. In training people are nice to each other and will generally apply the armbar nice and slow at the final stage so as to not hurt you. People who mistake this for what would really happen and believe they can use this time to pinch their way out will surely come undone in a real fight.

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt