• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

punching vs kicking

I love my kicks, they're excellent in fights but so are punches. Punches can be very good for close combat: they can score you lots of points (or knock the cr*p outta you opponent out of the dojo) if you aim for their head, they're not as effective as punches...

On the otherhand, kicks are excellent for long range, they cxan do a lot more things then punches, you can use kicks to sweep the opponent and hit them from a distance yet they can be slower so it's easy to block unless you have mastered them completely.

Personally I prefer kicks... They feel more comfortable with me....

Everybodies Going Kung Fu Fighting! Yah Hoocha! LMAO

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The leg is the more powerful weapon but, ultimately, the man who can punch better will be the one who will win.

-Bruce Lee

"Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. Put water into a tea pot, it becomes the tea pot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friend."

- Bruce Lee

If you are efficient enough with you legs you can be just as accurate with them as your hands. I can put my foot on a target just as easily as someone else can put their fist on it. It is all in how you train your legs.

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

i agree Withers. The better puncher does not allways win,for your foot can seek out thngs that your hand cant. You should practice using them in harmony. The foot seeking those things below,while the hand seeks them things above. One is not more important than the other. I still say 50/50.

kicks and punches need to be used together for most effectivness

you know what i find works extremly well? my high hook kick. i have a really good hook kick that whips around really really fast. most people arent expecting it and they end up eating it for lunch. :)

Man to man, Soldier to soldier, Dust to dust.

In a real fight kicking is a much more devestating technique than puching IF you know how to do it propley. Anyone can punch someone, its not hard. But to perform a good efficient kick takes skill and experience. I think unless your a very good kicker its best to keep your kicks low. A good kick to the groin or shin can be devestating.

I dont know about u guys but do u find it hard to kick high with shoes on?

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

yeh kicks are simply naturally stonger than your arms. its like your legs support your whole body and you can walk easily, but when you try walking with your arms its much harder, that is why martial arts kicks are much stronger than punches.