• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The serious 'What's the most deadly style of karate' thread

Rich

This post is exactly the wrong one to suggest a sporting contest in.

Please, please try to differentiate between sport and MARTIAL arts- it may one day save your life.

:roll:

Rich

yes because when two people fight with no rules other than no biting or eye gouging it is absoulutly nothing like a real fight.. :roll:

watch ufc 1-5

Can' you pick up a club and beat someone with it in a competition? Can you use any weapons in a competition? Do they have competitons where there are multiple attackers aginst one person? Competitions have rules I mean you stated two that would really turn around a fight.

ok lets just arm both people with AK-47's to see who the better Martial artist is.. :roll: what does a weapon have to do with anything? If you loose to one person why would you be better than them at fighting multiple attackers?

your argument does not apply in any way.

I realize Strret fights and Ring fighting are two diffrent things, there are alot more variables but that does not mean the better fighter does not still have the advantage.

nothing is exactly like A real fight but NHB/MMA competitions are the best proving ground for what works and what does not IMO.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is exactly the wrong one to suggest a sporting contest in.

Please, please try to differentiate between sport and MARTIAL arts- it may one day save your life.

:roll:

Rich

yes because when two people fight with no rules other than no biting or eye gouging it is absoulutly nothing like a real fight.. :roll:

watch ufc 1-5

Can' you pick up a club and beat someone with it in a competition? Can you use any weapons in a competition? Do they have competitons where there are multiple attackers aginst one person? Competitions have rules I mean you stated two that would really turn around a fight.

ok lets just arm both people with AK-47's to see who the better Martial artist is.. :roll: what does a weapon have to do with anything? If you loose to one person why would you be better than them at fighting multiple attackers?

your argument does not apply in any way.

I realize Strret fights and Ring fighting are two diffrent things, there are alot more variables but that does not mean the better fighter does not still have the advantage.

nothing is exactly like A real fight but NHB/MMA competitions are the best proving ground for what works and what does not IMO.

Well a street fight doesn't have rules, competition atleast has some rules.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

tjs- NHB provide a lot of skills without doubt-and some of these skills are needed in live encounters- these skills were developed in the ancient arts too because of this. If you can't see that the ma-ai, context and variables are so different between the two as to make them distant cousins at best then I just hope you don't find out the hard way. You may need to hold onto your illusions for some reason- I can't fault you for this as most of us do hold onto cherished notions in the face of experience or wisdom- but life has a way of bringing us back to what is real through experience.

fireka- your post makes no sense. We are discussing Karate as a MARTIAL art in this thread not as a sport and not as keep fit. Personally I think there are better sports and better ways to keep fit but that is only my opinion and I understand there are many views on this, however, this thread was started in relation to the martial art only, as you can deduce from the title. Sport and keep fit would be appropriate in a new thread.

Also I didn't in this thread prove that one style outweighs another- that was precisely what I was attempting to go beyond- it might help to re-read the posts before you reply.

omnifinite-LOL :lol: Started to think that too. I do think it may have been a useful process for some though- perhaps readers of the post rather than posters? Hope so anyway. There are many that don't realise that originally Karate had grappling and vital point attacks, that kata postures are more than just pretty positions to be disregarded in fighting, that power generation in the original was quite different to what is commonly taught (no reverse punch- even though you will find an opposite hand tsuki to lead leg in zenkutsu dachi- this in itself is worthy of much study), that styles evolve out of the original as it got watered done and then bits rediscovered etc etc.

Regards to all

Rich

*sigh* :roll: *smacks head on computer table in fustration* okay, sure, very sorry to interrupt. i guess my ignorance pervented my understanding.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

You may need to hold onto your illusions for some reason- I can't fault you for this as most of us do hold onto cherished notions in the face of experience or wisdom-

please, im not the one saying karate is complete,karate can beatw restlers and grapplers, karate can handle anything etc etc

No neither am I- there is no Karate without a Karateka, and they are all different. If you read stuff I write you will know that there is nothing that will always work, and no-one who will always win- hence the stress on avoidance and psychology- and living a peaceful life.

However, that wasn't the point was it? The point was about being able to differentiate between reality and training or sport- that still holds and is worth thinking about far more than trying to take my posts out of context- it will do more good.

Anyway take care.

rich

but rich i think thats exacttly the point we are trying to make, some of us dont belive sports karate is all that diffrent. youve made some important points about enviroment and rules in some other topics, and yes, i to think there are diffrences that need to be observed, but to say that one learns no street skill from a tournment is silly. also, i do not understand why you keep caping your MARTIAL art when saying that your dealing strictly with self deffense in these post. are you claiming that someone taking an art for fittness or competetion is not practicing the same martial art as a same level fighter who wants merely to defend himself? i must register this as foolish.

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty