• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The serious 'What's the most deadly style of karate' thread

Rich

It does come down to the martial artist. A 10th Dan in Goju Ryu will beat a 10th kyu in kyokushin.

However, there are some styles that are more realistic, or focus on certain aspects of "deadly martial arts" more then others (kyokushin) but most styles focus on the one punch one kill theory behind karate. (As in okinawa they needed to punch through Samurai armor)

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you figure that a Goju-Ryu practicioner would beat the Kyokushin...it could swing either way

Patience is a grand- either you can learn it or I can make you learn it.

I could just as easily say a 10th dan in Shudokan could beat a 10th dan in Shito-Ryu...but the reasoning is missing! :-?

Patience is a grand- either you can learn it or I can make you learn it.

It really comes down to the way you train.... Basically Karate in general have the same tools. All karate styles have reverse punch, front/side/roundhouse kicks, elbows, knees, etc.... It will depend if the school is lean towards point-style competition or realistic self defense.

Im also agree that any style who train full contact sparring can be better prepared to handle real life situations.

just my opinion.

Hello all

There are no styles. Back in Okinawa all the master trained together. Read Your history. Therefore they all developed different ways to do the same thing. Then one day Anko Itosu started teaching in the public school system and karate became the punchy kicky thing most of us do today. Learn bunkai, learn kyusho, learn tai sabaki. Then you will learn karate. Not a style the but Karate.

Remember acording to Myamoto Musashi -- when 2 equally skilled fighters enter into combat the one more seasoned in battle will usually win.

Mushin - To act with No Mind -- One of the Most important Philosphies in Karate.

What about shuri-te and naha-te?

Those are two styles. I believe they started before Anko Itosu. You are right though. There are no styles. Shotokan is performed exactly like my style of Shorin-ryu. (yes ... i'm being sarcastic)

And as far as your Myamoto quote -- Hopefully, my skills will far exceed any thug who wants to start a barroom brawl with me. I didn't even have to get the sh*t kicked out of me every day like they do in kyokushin.

10th dan goju-ryu vs 10th dan kyokushin? First off how realistic is it to think that by the time they get to that level they're actually even able to fight.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

Sorry, guess that was a little vague, what i ment to say is, someone who's been training in an art for all his life, will most likely beat someone who has never trained at all.

Rule #1: Play the game to the limit. Damn the consequences.