• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which martial art movie star do you like best?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N/A...I think a lot of martial artists give a bad impression of martial artists, well most of them - in a martial art movie you are either a sport practitioner or a guy who speaks in proverbs. Just my experience in general

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Did anyone mention the kids who replaced the original kids from the movie Ninjas Kick Back sequel?

They are the best Martial Arts kids ever. They would > Spy kids any day.

Do unto others, as they done to you.

[ This Message was edited by: TKD_McGee on 2002-03-05 15:06 ]

Do unto others, as they done to you.

Although I may encounter extreme disagreement from some hard-core people, I would have to say that the funniest (although not intended to be funny) and worst martial arts series of all time has to be the Street Fighter videos starring Sonny Chiba. Ok, raw skill and proficiency in karate aside, his facial expressions constantly switched from someone who was drinking sour milk to someone passing a kidney stone. The teaser line on the box says 'If you have to fight, fight dirty'. This guy is sleazy, despicable, and a fighter-for-hire whom we are supposed to root for only b/c he doesn't 'voluntarily' go around murdering people like the bad guys do. I could not stop laughing. It was the biggest ab workout of my life. I couldn't have been more sore the next day if I had done a thousand crunches. :angel: hehehehe

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

• 1 month later...

well i like Jet Li But also lot's of others too :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

i still watch bruce lee movies...he is the greatest ma movie star of all time in my opinion.

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo

I have to admit that I like Jackie Chan just for his sense of humor. Watching outtakes from his films, interviews, etc., he seems like a genuinely amusing guy to be around.

As for genuine martial arts, I loved Michelle Yeoh in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. :smile:

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won